Gum!

Options
Hi guys!

Just for the record, gum is my new dieting weapon of choice! When I’m done eating at the end of the day, or even done at the end of a meal or a snack, or whenever I feel lie I need to keep my mouth busy – in the gum goes! I’m finding out that the minty flavors, my favorite being spearmint, tend to do more as far a cutting cravings. The bubbly flavors, my favorite currently being bubblemint Orbit, make me feel like I’m cheating when I’m not! Just keep in mine the calories and sugar – I always chew sugar free – Orbit keeps theirs at like five calories a piece, and if chewed long enough you burns those calories right off!

Just a tip for my fellow diatees!

Replies

• phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    it is actually not a good practice. chewing gum is giving a signal to your stomach that you are eating and it is getting ready for eat but nothing ever come.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Orbit Wintermint is my favorite!! I have to have something in my mouth a lot because of my tummy troubles and it is a lifesaver (I used to pop a 20 calorie peppermint in my mouth every 30 minutes all day long! which rotted my teeth and killed my calorie count!).
  • MistyNoble1987
    Options
    I never knew that. I eat properly, I just keep my mouth busy so I'm not chowing down on everything.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I love the new flavors of Extra.. the dessert one's! They fulfill sweets cravings when I just don't want to splurge!!!
  • erika2508
    erika2508 Posts: 4
    Options
    Chewing gum has sugar, although it manipulates the stomach and makes you more hungry
  • AmyT78
    AmyT78 Posts: 12
    Options
    I LOVE gum... unfortunately my kids do too so i sometimes have to hide it. LOL. My favorite are the minty flavors too. Oribt sweet mint is delish.
  • MistyNoble1987
    Options
    I love the new flavors of Extra.. the dessert one's! They fulfill sweets cravings when I just don't want to splurge!!!

Never really like those....
  • MistyNoble1987
    Options
    Chewing gum has sugar, although it manipulates the stomach and makes you more hungry

I chew the Sugar Free brands, and it actually helps keep my mouth busy so I'm not eating everything in sight.