Herba Life

Options
I've been doing really good with keeping a healthy diet and exercising daily, my friend suggested herbalife because her friend is using it and it works, she lost about 40 pounds in 3 months... Should I try it? I really want to try it and besides a vanilla shake sounds better than oatmeal every morning. Has any one tried it ?

Replies

• ehedges31
    ehedges31 Posts: 72
    Options
    Never heard of it. But I would love to know more about! :)
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I've done Herbalife before and it does work! But, like with every other fad diet, if you're not learning to eat healthy, the weight will climb back on when you go off. I think for one meal supplement per day, the shakes are a good substitute every now and then. I really like the vanilla shake.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My mom did it for awhile after finding out she had diabetes.She lost about 15 lbs the first month. She was on a tea,not sure what it was called. I know you have to attend the group meetings,I went to one once and the people there were really pumped up!!!Good motivation. I would say go for it!!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I've done Herbalife before and it does work! But, like with every other fad diet, if you're not learning to eat healthy, the weight will climb back on when you go off. I think for one meal supplement per day, the shakes are a good substitute every now and then. I really like the vanilla shake.
    i also agree,after my mom got off of it and went back to her normal eating,she did gain that weight back,but i think everyone is different..
  • Heifort1
    Heifort1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've used Herbalife products since February. I really feel like I have more energy and feel GREAT! The ease of meal replacements has helped me stay focused. Lots of people think it's an easy way out - losing weight is never easy; Herbalife makes it simpler. I still need to count my calories, eat good snacks and a well-balanced dinner. I've lost 55pounds and have 20 more to go! I'm hoping to be there by mid-summer. There are lots of great flavors, interesting ways to mix it up and snack ideas, too. Like you, I was really sick of boring breakfasts and needed something to take on the go to get breakfast in right away, on the way to work.

It's worked well for me. Hope you find what works for you!:drinker:
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I love them. I have two a day as a meal. Dont get sucked into all the other supplements. There are a ton of different shake flavors and recipes. You should try it. I have a friend that didnt workout and lost 45 pounds in 3 months as well. Good luck.
  • Skinnymomma11
    Options
    I am an herbalife distributor. Yes it does help people losing weight. I lost total of 57lbs in 3 months! You can check it out at www.herbalife.com and it will have alot of varies of success stories about losing weight! It worth a try!!

Good Luck!
  • beth736
    beth736 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    where do you get it
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is a pyramid scheme. You can't buy products in singles on their website, and they try to get you to become a distributer as well.
  • Melissajojo3
    Melissajojo3 Posts: 100
    Options
    Ok I trust my MFP Family and friends, with the responds I just got today. I will most definitely try it.. I will be placing an order and replace both my breakfast and dinner meal with the shakes :)... Thank you all for your responds and answering my question and concerns on Herbalife......... I know I can follow it, I am great with motivation....
  • boobear00
    boobear00 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm also on Herbalife and loving it! Feel free to add me if a friend if you'd like support. And while some people do gain weight back when they stop it's often because they return to their old or similar patterns of eating. When you stop taking the shakes you have to replace them with equally healthy, low calorie meals. I love htis plan and have never felt better!!