Water

Options
2»

Replies

• AndreaWard
    AndreaWard Posts: 33
    Options
    I posted a couple of weeks ago:
    "I am a recent member of myfitnesspal.com and appreciate and use this service every day. I tried drinking 8 glasses of water a day and found it very difficult to achieve. Cynicism comes naturally to me and I started asking people about this practice; no one could validate the advice and or the logic of this concept.
    I googled 8x8 and found an article regarding a Dartmouth Medical school professor: Heinz Valtin, MD.
    His reseach concluded that drinking 8 glasses of 8 ounces water for health of dietary reasons could not be validated. Also, and more importantly he feels that fluids from juices, carbonated drinks including those with alcohol content should be inlcuded in a daily regimen report.
    Should myfitnesspal.com put an asterisk next to the Glasses icon? I think so, ".
    Google Dr. Heinz Valtin, MD. and you wil be able to download the entire article. It is wordy but worthwhile reading.

My personal conclusion is that if you are thirsty drink water.

The point to drinking at least 8 glasses of water each day is to keep the metabolism working, cleansing your system, and staying hydrated. I have also found that drinking ICE cold water during a workout session increases the number of calories I burn. I am not a scientist or doctor but there are plenty of studies out there that back up the drinking water will help you lose weight. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Drinking ICE cold water does burn more calories according to Bob Harper of The Biggest Loser and it is metabolized more quickly in your body. All fluids from juices, carbonated drinks including those with alcohol content do it give your body "empty calories". Not needed when trying to lose weight or live healthier. I am also not a Dr. but drinking natural products instead of processed stuff it better for you.
  • fatKisses
    fatKisses Posts: 11
    Options
    I use to be a heavy Coke drinker, but lately I've been drinking at least 10- 20 oz bottles of water a day and some times more. I can't believe how clear my skin appears woohoo! It took me years to finally give up Coke and water is my drink of preference.