Anyone use a Ab Wheel/Ab Slide before???

Options
I am awaiting mine in the mail b/c I just ordered one yesterday and am excited to use it...i talked to my brother tho and he said it hurts the lower back... anyone have experience w/the ab wheel/slide?? What's your opinion?

Replies

• 1020bridget
    Options
    I am awaiting mine in the mail b/c I just ordered one yesterday and am excited to use it...i talked to my brother tho and he said it hurts the lower back... anyone have experience w/the ab wheel/slide?? What's your opinion?
  • andlofly
    andlofly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Never used it... never even seen it up close and personal. My sister has used it though. She likes it a lot. Says you really feel it working the abs.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I had an ab wheel, and to be honest, I felt it more in my arms and shoulders than I did in my abs (what abs?:laugh: :laugh: ) Maybe I was doing it wrong...I don't know. I use an Ab Lounge and a stability ball, alternating days.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    i think i found abs on me just by situp ,crunches leglifts no gimmicks
  • 1020bridget
    Options
    Thanks everyone...some yays and some nays...kinda what I expected. I just know I need to do something to get my six pack back...two kids will kinda take that away...temporarily. haha!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...some yays and some nays...kinda what I expected. I just know I need to do something to get my six pack back...two kids will kinda take that away...temporarily. haha!

Six-pack, hell....for a while there I was working on a keg!:drinker:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i had one of those (KEGS ) trying to trade in for a 6 pack found 4 looking for 6
  • 1020bridget
    Options
    So I got the ab slide and just want to say that I think it's a joke! seriously, something about the movement of doing ab exercises that way is not normal! I felt like my stomach was going to rip apart, not to mention the back ache i got from using it...ugh! SO now my two kids play with...Glad it wasn't super expensive!! :indifferent:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have the ab slide, given to me by by soon-to-be-mother-in-law who had back surgery, and I've only used it once. Definetely doesn't feel natural....I like my stability ball much better.

I think I'll take it apart and recycle the darn thing. :grumble:
  • 1020bridget
    Options
    my kids love playing w/it...they lay on the floor, belly down and pretend they are in some sort of a race... at least its getting SOME use!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I have an ab wheel, but one I bought at target. If you feel it in your lower back you have stretched too far forward so don't go out as far. It is the same basic concept as a hovering ab, you may feel it in your arms and shoulders but you should feel your abs tighten as well.
    You can achieve the same concept using a weight bar with weights attached at the end to roll on.

Please be careful and don't hurt your back, remember, if it strains you have gone to far! You don't want to be out because of the rolling ab demon :drinker: