I think I found a new home...

Options
,,,right here!
I found this site accidentally and I think it was an omen that I did! I have been slowly sliding backwards on my weight loss jouney and know that it time to get back to healthy eatting. This site was just the push I needed.
I am a 55yrs old, wife mother grammie...and schoolbus driver. I love to walk for exercise, but have not been able to do so for the last little while due to a problem with a blood clot in my left leg. I wear a pedometer and for the month of January I got in over 10,000 steps a day and was feeling great, then in February I started having problems with my leg and I am just now getting back to my walking.
I have been a Weight Watcher member for over 7yrs and since their last program change I have lost interest..it is time for something new! So here I am...

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    welcome! this is a great hot spot for support, motivation, inspiration and the occassional kick in the *kitten*! you'll do brilliantly!
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Hope you will benefit from all the great things MFP has along with all the great people here offering encouragement and support!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to be....I stumbled upon it by accident!!....I wish I would of found it sooner!....Best Wishes!!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We are happy to have you here! :-)
  • rosepetals88
    Options
    I was also on WW but the new program was not working for me as well, I had hit a plateau and nothing was changing for about 3 months and I joined this web-site from a recommendation of someone over there. Feels great! Much easier to use and more logical than WW ithink :) Welcome
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! There are some good threads you might like for the mature....(like us....)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/241877-women-ages-50-for-may (this one changes monthly I think)

If you go to Motivation and Support (in COMMUNITY) you can find some groups to meet...it helps to have people to relate to..

GoodLuck! :flowerforyou:
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I found it 2 1/2 months ago when I was looking for an app for my phone. I love it!!!! Just what I needed to get interested in fitness and weight loss. Starting to feel like I did when I was 20 and working out at the gym for 2 or 3 hours a day, 4 days a week. Best wishes on your journey!

Oh yeah, I have told probably 20 people about the site and apps since I found it. Several of them have told me they are using it now.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck in your weight loss journey.