Any body else follow the Beck techniques?

Options
I read Beck's Diet Solution and have been using the techniques/steps to lose about 15 pounds so far. Although I know plenty of people who are "dieting", I don't know anybody else who has read this book.

I thought it would be nice to find some fellow BECKers to support and motivate each other.

Any of you guys out there?

Replies

• andlofly
    andlofly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I read Beck's Diet Solution and have been using the techniques/steps to lose about 15 pounds so far. Although I know plenty of people who are "dieting", I don't know anybody else who has read this book.

I thought it would be nice to find some fellow BECKers to support and motivate each other.

Any of you guys out there?
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    not familiar with it was isit?
  • andlofly
    Options
    Beck Diet Solution is a "cognative therapy" approach to weight loss. Helps you identify and "unlearn" negative behaviors and habits regarding your eating and exercise habits.

Google it... it's a very good book with some really good tools for unlearning your old habits. As well as, tips to motivate you on forming new better habits.
  • andlofly
    Options
    BTW - it's not a diet. Just focuses on habits and behaviors.

It helped me... reevaluate my priorities... find the time necessary to plan and eat healthy... find the motivation to exercise... think differently about food/hunger... and I still feel like I've only scratched the surface using this approach.
  • marys1628
    Options
    Hello all,

I'm using the Beck Diet Solution. I started June 5, 2008. I have lost 75 lbs. since then. I love this program of losing weight. It really doesn't feel like a diet. I love it!! I also have a group Beck Diet site at Multiply.com. The site address is: http://bds2009.multiply.com/
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    My therapist recommended this book to me and I really like it - I like the approach and the fact that it's not a one-size fits all type of thing. It works with any diet. I would highly encourage anyone trying to lose weight to read this book!! :smile:
  • june100
    june100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting