How many of you have done it?

Options
Bought a piece of exercise equipment that you've seen on an infomercial, or on the Internet...then found out it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be? Or, have you bought something and then gotten a lot of use out of it?

I wanted an Ab Lounge when they first came out, but I waited for one to end up in the classified ads, and got it for a bargain. I usually find all my home gym equipment on eBay or Craigslist.....most of the time it hasn't even been used!

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Bought a piece of exercise equipment that you've seen on an infomercial, or on the Internet...then found out it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be? Or, have you bought something and then gotten a lot of use out of it?

I wanted an Ab Lounge when they first came out, but I waited for one to end up in the classified ads, and got it for a bargain. I usually find all my home gym equipment on eBay or Craigslist.....most of the time it hasn't even been used!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I bought a gym quality elliptical machine for 1/2 off at a Play it again sports shop. It was still $700 but sooooooo worth it.

And when I am not working out, it drys towels!:happy:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I usually wait for e-bay, craigslist or amazon as well. I've been pretty lucky so far. I was a ab lounger or ab rocket right now.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    When it comes to home fitness I'm anti-"quick fix" gadget. Ya know, things like the "thigh master" and all of those "targeted" type pieces. They are misleading and a waste of money because you can do the same type of exercises w/o equipment, or mearly with your own body weight and/or a set of dumbbells.
    All you really need is some sort of resistance (bands/weights) and perhaps a good mat... then, of course, you need a program to follow... the VIDEOS are great from infomercials, the equipment, don't waste your money, really (except for the perfect pull-up, as that piece looks nice and actually serves a purpose that you can't otherwise really do, unless you have the perfect sized sturdy pipes going along your ceiling).
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I bought slim in six off the infomercial. A lot of people love it but its ALL SQUATS and I do not have the knee/ quad strength to do it. Feels like my knee caps are ripping from my legs. I did however get turbo jam and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! :love: :love: :love:

Also got an exercise bike and a glider of craigslist - both for 10$ :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    oh and I forgot.

I was up late one night and saw the add for Slim In 6. It looked so great I bought it on the spot. When it arrived in the mail my DH laughed, went to the closet, pulled out the big box on the top shelf with 6 unopened Slim In Six video tapes!!!!

I tried to tell him I just wanted the DVDs but he knew better. How stupid am I?:laugh:

Anyone want some free Slim In Six videos?:wink:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    The point of doing those lunges and squats is to get better at them. You have to fail to succeed... if that makes sense.
    When doing the lunges were you sitting your weight correctly? Sit back and keep the weight in your heels. Do not go any lower than a 90 degree angle in the knees.
    TJ is great... LOVE Chalene!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I bought a gym quality elliptical machine for 1/2 off at a Play it again sports shop. It was still $700 but sooooooo worth it.

And when I am not working out, it drys towels!:happy:
    drys towels :laugh:
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    oh and I forgot.

I was up late one night and saw the add for Slim In 6. It looked so great I bought it on the spot. When it arrived in the mail my DH laughed, went to the closet, pulled out the big box on the top shelf with 6 unopened Slim In Six video tapes!!!!

I tried to tell him I just wanted the DVDs but he knew better. How stupid am I?:laugh:

DVD or VHS??? :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    oh and I forgot.

DVD or VHS??? :wink:

Im gonna keep the dvds I have the VHS if any wants
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    darn you people always sucker me in with the titles.....
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Well???
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

Ok, here, I'll help you out.

....in public.

you dont remember?:huh:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options

I have a VCR that's gathering dust...I will take them if no one else has claimed them already.:smile::smile:
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    lets see it the past several of years--the bender ball (which really works great for getting the lower back to crack and not really much of anything else) the walk-away-the-pounds video's, I have a gazzell (bought that at the store though--like it when walking is not an option--I live in the cold of WI) and the last one that lured me in was Zumba--love, love, love, love it--worth every single penny!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I have a VCR that's gathering dust...I will take them if no one else has claimed them already.:smile::smile:

serious...I will send them to you.
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Great!! I have been wanting the Slim in 6 series, but haven't been able to afford it.:flowerforyou:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    The point of doing those lunges and squats is to get better at them. You have to fail to succeed... if that makes sense.
    When doing the lunges were you sitting your weight correctly? Sit back and keep the weight in your heels. Do not go any lower than a 90 degree angle in the knees.
    TJ is great... LOVE Chalene!

I have bad knees - knew this then too but now I really know. I'm starting PT next week. I coudn't do the video at all... :cry: Hurt pain - not good stretching/using muscles pain.