100 push up challenge (start 5/30)

Options
Anybody interested?
Here is the website:
http://www.hundredpushups.com/

At the end of 6 weeks you should be able to do 100 consecutive push ups (with short breathing breaks as needed).

I figure push ups are one of the best and easiest free workouts you can do - and amazingly work your entire body.

My initial test - I was able to do 10 push ups.
Also - to keep track you can use www.pushupslogger.com

Both websites are free! I would love somebody to join! Let's start 5/30! Do your initial test before then!

Good luck!

Replies

• Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did my Initial test a few times and actually started twice (never getting past the 3rd day. Thanks for the motivation! I can do up to 12 now. Here's to 100!!!
  • Texaganian
    Texaganian Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm in.
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started it once before and then dropped it when I started P90X. I'll finish it this time!
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    I just started today. I was able to do only 6 at a go with proper form. So i started the lightweight schedule. Sent you a friend request. Will be doing it on Mon, Wed and Fri
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'll hop on board with you all. I joined another group weeks ago that fizzled out - folks just got busy but it was REALLY fun while it lasted.

I've now done week 4 3 times in a row. I'm up to 74 pushups in a day. So, count me in if you don't mind that I'm already in the middle somewhere. Depending on how week 4 goes this week, I may repeat it for a fourth time.

:wink:
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I can do like one or two regular push ups but like many girl push ups...are people doing it based on regular or girl push ups?
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Cool - I'm in! There's also a program for 200 sit-ups. I wonder if it's a good idea to do them both at the same time?
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    In.
  • KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was just searching for info on proper push-ups, I'm in! I'm sending you a friends request :)
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My husband (Navy vet) says girl pushups count and I like that answer. Good enough for the Navy, good enough for me. I've been doing girl pushups. I figured I'd do the whole challenge with girl pushups and then do it again with regular pushups.
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too! Great idea!
  • michz
    michz Posts: 102
    Options
    Welcome all! So excited to have a team for this! Keep posting your updates as you go!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I kinda started last weekend, but I can start over Monday. I'm also trying the dips and crunches program on that site :-)
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    My husband (Navy vet) says girl pushups count and I like that answer. Good enough for the Navy, good enough for me. I've been doing girl pushups. I figured I'd do the whole challenge with girl pushups and then do it again with regular pushups.

I'm with you on that - going to do this program on my knees and then will do the program again with "proper" form. I am really trying to build my upper body strength and in order to stick with it for the entire 6 weeks I have to stay realistic with what I know I am able to do... I look forward to starting with you all on Monday! (Will be doing these Mon, Wed, and Fri)
  • helena98
    helena98 Posts: 327
    Options
    Yay! Count me in! I started this week with a weak "2" initial test (girl push-ups even!), so by next week, I should be even with the rest of you light-weights. I also plan to complete the program with 100 girl push-ups and then start over again with the real ones.

I downloaded the app on my iPod. Here's the link if anyone's interested:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hundred-pushups/id301174591?mt=8.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do this but I can't currently do a single push up despite repeated efforts. I must be doing something wrong... :(
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Helen, I can't do one nice push up either, but can lift weights and stuff like that... It is a really hard workout!!
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    Count me in! I'll have to test it, but I think right now I can do about 6, tops!
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm going to do the 200 sit-us challenge too -- why not?