Need some breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am an egg burrito kinda girl! scramble egg with black beans, place on a small tortilla warmed for 10 seconds in the microwave, top with salsa, cheese, roll and eat!
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    what about baking some healthy muffins or granola bars on the weekend then individually wrapping/freezing? just take one out the night before to thaw!

I make muffins a lot but something like these would be great:

http://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-breakfast-cookies-and-bars-fiber-protein-and-fruit-147262

I have made similar not using wheatgerm and using baby food instead of applesauce- came out great and kids love them too!
  • tasiac23
    tasiac23 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 3 egg whites with 1/3 c of weight watchers cheese and make an omlet. You can add mushrooms, onions, w/e you want. I also love breakfast sandwiches so I use one of those deli thins and put 1 egg, 2 pieces of butterball low sodium bacon, and some light cheese in the middle...yuuumm!! Or, you can also just mix some fruit in greek yogurt :) hope I helped!!!!
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I posted my recipe for mini quiches the other day. Another thing that makes them great is you can always have them hand and they also travel well!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/249931-who-wants-my-mini-quiche-recipe
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Some of you better watch that carb intake. Nothing wrong with carbs, but too many can. If you don't know how many carbs you're eating, add it to your food diary. You'd be amazed.
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat until I get to the office so it has to be real quick and easy.

My current fave is defrosted frozen mixed berries (add extra blueberries) mixed into 0% yogurt. Add some bran buds cereal - very filling. It puts me right at my fibre intake for the day - which for me is not a bad thing.

I keep a large container of yogurt in the fridge at work and a rubbermaid container of the cereal in my desk. I just bring the berries from home every day - hopefully I've taken them out the night before so they're thawed. If not, it's just really, really cold when I go to eat it :wink:

It's a great snack for those afternoons sitting on the deck at the lake too! Almost like a melted ice cream sundae!
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    Nothing beats a good bagel with light cream cheese.