Good Scales. HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers digital scale which I find very accurate to the doctor's scales. I find lots weigh under actual weight so it's nice that these seem to be spot on.
  • Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have an old Weight Watchers scale that I bought at Costco about 4 years ago. It is right on track with the fancy scale at my gym plus it calculates the weight you have lost (or gained). I have only had to replace the battery.
  • rileysmom7603
    Options
    I saw this, if you met your goal weight and you don't like how you look in the mirror would you be happy? What if you only lost half of your goal weight and you look excellent. Would you postpone your joy untill you met your goal weight?

The point is, the number doesn't matter, what matters is how you feel and look. Ladies like to be thinner and wear a new bikini or a new dress, or just look sexy. What does this have to do with a number? nothing.

Focusing on your "real" goal. Because like I said your weight can easily change from day to day.

The number DOES MATTER. There is a HUGE difference between 250 and 150 pounds on a 5 foot 6 woman. Stop all this "only measure yourself" nonsense. If someone wants to weigh their body weight, what does it matter to you?

Okay so you rather be150 with 50% bodyfat. compared to 150lbs with 15% bodyfat, makes sense. What does it matter to me, i want people to be successful and happy. What does my post matter to you? You seem emotional you should stop weighing yourself too much, it does cause a lot of mood swings.

LOL No. I am not emotional, I've just seen you putting people down about weighing themselves...first on my friend's page and now here. And I wanted to know why you care if people weigh themselves? I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks. I just notice that you push your opinions and seem rather closed minded about them. So you are telling me that you do NOT care about the weight? Only the inches? Interesting.

The original poster was not asking your opinion or advice, she was asking for a good scale. I have no advice on that as I hate my scale and need to find an analog one.

From a psychological stand point, people are happy when they get what they want. People weigh themselves for a reason, they "think" it will lead to a goal they have. They might say "i want to way x number of pounds to fit in to this dress." will x number of pounds really lead to you fitting in that dress??!?!?! maybe not. So did you REALLY meet your goal? nope.

As you know, as we all know on here, scales can be very frustrating, sometimes they go up and sometimes down, sometimes they don't move. The human body has too many variables. Yes I agree, if you weigh yourself periodically it's okay. but if you do ti multiple time a week, or weekly... May not sure your true success. There has been many times when people think they're not losing weight, but their waist line is getting smaller.

My trainer ALWAYS yells at me if I seem down about the number on the scale. His response is "Who cares could you have lifted this much a month ago, or how many pant sizes have you gone down." I am addicted to weghing! I know I have a problem with it so I see both sides. As I have greater success in the gym, with my measurements, and buying smaller clothes the scale is losing it's importance to me personally. But with that being said... I prefer a digital scale :)
  • ssloan60
    ssloan60 Posts: 1
    Options
    If you want a REALLY nice one,the Withings Wi-fi scale is sweet.Its about 160 bucks,but its really cool.Also features an iphone app for it as well
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Per your question. I recently bought a Taylor digital scale that I like fine. I have a Tanita in storage on the East Coast that I love. The Tanita's Body Fat calculations were more consistent than the Taylor's. It's important to me to have a reliable scale, my weight is part of the data I track and it definitely keeps me motivated to see all of my stats improving.