Wii Zumba or Wii EA Sports

Options
Triquetra
Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
I am a single parent so can't get out of the house to do much after the kids go to bed so need something that I can get a good workout on at home. I have a bit of money saved up now and I have been doing the Wii Fit Plus for about 2 months an hour each night ,but am finding that it is not as much of a workout anymore (still fun though). I was looking into the Wii Zumba or Wii EA Sports and wanted to get opinions/votes from those who have them on which would be a better purchase for me.

Replies

• knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I'd like to hear reviews as well!
  • iamacraftymama
    Options
    I love Wii Zumba. You have to wear a belt thingy around you hips to hold the remote. It is so much fun and my kids do it with me. Mostly they dance and jump around. It has different classes with different levels. There is a workout schedule as well. I have not tried EA sports. At my local Walmart they have a Jillian Michaels Wii game for 20 bucks that I might pick up.

If you like dancing this is for you.
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    we have the ea sports one my hubbs does that and it kicks his *kitten* its a workout for sure.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Zumba and really like it and as said before if you like dancing this is great. I have not tried the EA so would be interested in peoples views on that.
  • snoopybing
    snoopybing Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do EA sports on the playstation, but I think it is similar on the Wii. If its a workout you are after, EA sports certainly delivers! Compared to the Wii Fit, the pace is much faster and you will probably be pushed further.

After plateauing for four weeks on the Wii Fit, I switched to EA Active and got losing again almost immediately. I don't find it as 'fun' as the Wii Fit but you will certainly get results.
  • bghall67
    bghall67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't have the Wii but the Kinect, I use the Zumba and Active 2 and love both of them.
    Brenda
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    We have the Wii active 2. It comes with the arm and leg band, the arm band has a HRM that shows on the tv your heart rate as you exercise. I did the 3 week beginner and the 9 week program. Its differs somewhat each day as you go along so if you don't like doing the same thing everyday its good. You can use their resistance band or hand weights. It lets you know calories burned too. We have zumba too but I haven't tried that. My daughter says its hard to do the movements.

The one I have been doing lately is Just Dance. It has just sweat or you can compete against others or by yourself. I have finally topped my daughter on most of the dances.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I was going to pick up Wii Zumba but the band in there looks really small. For anyone that has it, how far does that band thingy stretch?
  • NanoReefDiver
    Options
    Wii Zumba. Followed by Just Dance 2. I rely on Wii Zumba as my main cardio and it's been fabulous. So much fun and such a good workout. If you want something with weights try No More Trouble Zones with Jillian Michaels. Good luck on your journey!
  • ocbrenda
    ocbrenda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just got the wii zumba its a great workout the only thing i don't know if it counts the calories you burn
  • g_warne
    g_warne Posts: 28
    Options
    I have 2 different Wii EA Sports games and absolutely love them! Especially EA Sports Active More Workouts, hoping to buy the newest one as soon as i get the $. They provide a great workout and you can start out at lower intensities or get your a** kicked if you want. An hour of that and I'm sweating heavily. I really like that you can do cardio workouts or resistance training or a combo, and there are some "fun" sports activities as well. You can either choose a preset workout, choose a set program for a number of weeks, or create your own workouts. I've made a couple workouts of about an hour in length that burn approximately 400 cal. My favorite workout game by far as I feel you can work the whole body and target weaker areas while it gives you approximate cals burned based on your height, weight, and how hard you are working out (based off the way your using the remote and nunchuk). I'm sure Zumba is probably more fun but I don't think you can beat the Ea Sports games for a proper workout and flexibility.
  • jsfachman
    jsfachman Posts: 1
    Options
    What do you put in for Wii Zumba. I just started the website and I put it in as "dancing". I noticed other wii categories but not Zumba. Can anyone help?
  • DeeEFC
    DeeEFC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree...Wii Active is great. Before I started using the game, I was so unfit and started the 30 Day Challenge and afterwards, I felt a lot fitter and better for it. There are also different difficulty settings too and you can create your own workouts too! I only have good things to say about it! I recently bought the Wii Active 2 game too which comes with a HRM and it's a lot tougher than the 1st so I am gearing myself up to starting that one! :)
  • bethabeeg
    bethabeeg Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I can't say much about the EA sports never have played it... I own the Zumba it's wonderful it will make you sweat however it moves fast. I also have the GoldsGym dance workout that combines dance with kickboxing and other upper body toning... That one is cheaper than the rest and a really good workout as well. If you want variety maybe the EA sports has it. If you would like basically the same thing for your routine then do zumba it's fast paced cardio!