Another blessing

Options
Some of you know that back in July someone anonymously donated money to us so we could take our autistic son Alex to a neurologist.He's a Christian doctor. The appointments cost over $350! We don't have that kind of money laying around. So it was a huge blessing for us to get to take our son there. We had another appointment today. Last Friday at Bible Study I told the ladies that we didn't have the money to pay for it but we needed to take him. So we prayed about it at the study and on Sunday someone (anonomous again) gave us money for Alex's appointment! That's not all! I asked my hubby how much money they gave us. $110, which is obviously not enough to pay for the whole appointment. My hubby started worrying about it. I told him to trust in God because there was still time for Him to provide the rest of the money. I prayed about it and just left it in God's hands. When the mail came I wondered if the rest might come there. Nope. We went on to the appointment and they said Alex is improving greatly and to keep it up! We had a credit card out to pay the $350. (We don't like to charge anything so this was not easy for us.) The lady said, "$127.50." What? Did I hear that right? We must have looked dumbfounded because she said, "We didn't charge for the office visit because you don't have insurance." Wow! We were quite surprised.It cost us $17! Our next appointment is the first week of December. She then said, "We'll see if we can't get you out around the holidays without a charge." Double wow! We are blown away. How awesome is that! God is so good! That's all I can say.
I just had to tell you all!
Melissa

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Some of you know that back in July someone anonymously donated money to us so we could take our autistic son Alex to a neurologist.He's a Christian doctor. The appointments cost over $350! We don't have that kind of money laying around. So it was a huge blessing for us to get to take our son there. We had another appointment today. Last Friday at Bible Study I told the ladies that we didn't have the money to pay for it but we needed to take him. So we prayed about it at the study and on Sunday someone (anonomous again) gave us money for Alex's appointment! That's not all! I asked my hubby how much money they gave us. $110, which is obviously not enough to pay for the whole appointment. My hubby started worrying about it. I told him to trust in God because there was still time for Him to provide the rest of the money. I prayed about it and just left it in God's hands. When the mail came I wondered if the rest might come there. Nope. We went on to the appointment and they said Alex is improving greatly and to keep it up! We had a credit card out to pay the $350. (We don't like to charge anything so this was not easy for us.) The lady said, "$127.50." What? Did I hear that right? We must have looked dumbfounded because she said, "We didn't charge for the office visit because you don't have insurance." Wow! We were quite surprised.It cost us $17! Our next appointment is the first week of December. She then said, "We'll see if we can't get you out around the holidays without a charge." Double wow! We are blown away. How awesome is that! God is so good! That's all I can say.
    I just had to tell you all!
    Melissa
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    That is so wonderful to hear that your son is progressing along so well. Just goes to prove that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just always remember that we are never given more than what we can handle even if at first it overwhelms us.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    thumbsup4kk.gif

COOL!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Praise the Lord!!! It's so exciting to hear how God works in peoples lives. What an inspiration and a wonderful example you are to trust God and believe He'll provide what you need. Thank you for sharing that. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Nana27
    Options
    God Bless and I know that your son will be fine. You have the best help there is.
  • fitmom2six
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! Having a child with autism is difficult enough, without all the added expenses that can come along with it! You have amazing faith!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Love uplifting testimonials...thanks for sharing!
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! A greater good is obviously looking out for you and your family. Best wishes for your son's progress. :flowerforyou:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    Hurray!
  • Laynee
    Options
    Our God is most awesome, isn't He?!!! :happy:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    A blessing indeed. I am so thankful you are being blessed in this way.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Aw Melissa I am thrilled at that...girl its soooo hard sometimes and to add financial burden on everything else...ugh!

such a blessing...and I'm so happy for you guys!

big hugs to the beautiful little guy! and good luck w/ the doctor....would love to hear updates!!!
    thinking of you!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yay!
    Praise God! He is SO good!!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is truly a blessing!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hang in there!!!!

-Tami
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. I know when i leave things in God's hands they always work out , being human though i sometimes want to take my own will back and that of course results in sure disaster everytime hence the meaning of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Today i am praying for knowledge of God's will for me and the power to carry that out. have a super day ya all. :flowerforyou:
  • Juliebean
    Options
    That's so great! Good for you. I'm so touched by this story and am so glad that the doctor's office is willing to work with you. Sometimes a little understanding and help is all any of us need to make it just a little bit easier!
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    That is deff. a blessing from God.... He has to care for his lil angels on earth! I send my prayers your way!