Calorie intake within a ::::24 hour period:::: ???

Options
I have a very up and down schedule so Its kinda hard for me to know which day to put my calories on...For Instance I usually dont wake up till 2 pm because I've worked over night...so how would I count my calories if I've decided to eat small fruit or nuts when I'm working...I want to be as accurate as possible for each day! I feel Like some of my calories could be added to the next day..or the previous... PLEASE :::HELP:::

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'd just figure them from the time you get up until the time you go to bed... those are your 'days', so you may as well treat them as such...
  • myshell67
    myshell67 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i would count what you intake from the time you get up til the time you go to bed each day. that's assuming you get some rest within each 24 hour period.
  • KeyMasterOfGozer
    KeyMasterOfGozer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It's really arbitrary. I would start the 24 hour period on your normal wake-up time, but really, just be consistent in whatever time you pick.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I count from when I wake up until I go to sleep.
  • beefluv86
    beefluv86 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I believe you can change your meals from being labeled "breakfast, lunch, etc" to time brackets like " 9-noon, noon-3" or whatever works best for you. Its under settings > diary settings. Hope it works for you :)
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I also work odd hours. What I did was, number my meals 1-6 instead of breakfast,lunch etc. I eat meal 1 when i get out of bed. Meal 6 is my pre- bedtime snack. It doesn't matter what the calendar says; my 'day' is the time from when I wake up tilmwhen I go to sleep. What this does mean is that sometimes it will seem as though I'm adding food to 'yesterday' - that's just cuz it's after midnight. You've just got to make this program work for you!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I split it up into a 24 hours period in 4 hour intervals in my diary. I used to work a variety of different shifts, some of them being overnight, so it was best that way. I don't so much do that anymore, however I kept the same schedule in my diary. Seems to work well.