Makeup must haves!

Options
M_lifts
M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
so whats yours? I dont wear a lot of make up usually, but im looking to start wearing some occassionally! i find that it makes me feel good about myself! I like benefit products. especially the dallas face powder.

Replies

• TXMayFlower
    TXMayFlower Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm a MAC girl myself. I love their products and they have such a great variety of colors. It is a little pricey, but it lasts a long time. I love their liquid/cream eyeliner and thier Studio Fix foundation. Total coverage, but not heavy or "pancake"-y.
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    Cherry Carmex - i always wear a tiny little bit under my lipstick.
    and i have a deep love of cream-to-powder foundations. very light coverage, easy to touch up.
    the mascara i use is the one that comes in the pink tube with the green lid. i forget the brand (i wear makeup less often than twice a month) but it's a fantastic waterproof formula.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Top 5:

1) Dior HydraLife Tinted Moisturizer--stays on well, makes you glow!
    2) Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes Pencil in black
    3) TooFaced Bronzers & Kabuki Brush
    4) NARS Cream Shadow Pencil in Hollywoodland
    5) Tarte Cheek Stein in Blushing Bride

I worked at Sephora all through college---so I learned all my preferences and habits there. I also like Benefit Eye Bright----and Smashbox Shadows. And I have a good collection of NICE makeup brushes... It makes the application look 10x more professional and its a little luxurious to have the soft application instead of soft (wasteful) sponges and plastic applicators.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    For skin care its Clinique but for make up I love MAC - their eye shadows are great!
  • adrianamezam
    Options
    the mascara i use is the one that comes in the pink tube with the green lid. i forget the brand (i wear makeup less often than twice a month) but it's a fantastic waterproof formula.

is that maybeline great lash??

my must haves are Makeup Forever Duo Mat Powder Foundation, it goes on very light weight, and you can control the coverage. what i love is that it doesn't slide off of my face at the end of the day, like most other foundations i've tried. and a blush by Tarte in the color Tipsy. its really pretty coral. a little goes a LONG way! i get them both at Sephora, so they are a bit pricer than your drugstore cosmetics, but i think they are TOTALLY worth it!!! i also cannot go a day without wearing liquid eyeliner. i play around with brands, applicators, and colors, but i LOVE liquid. you can make the line as thin or thick as you like!! :) ....and last but not least, MASCARA! again, i play around with different brands, but the ones i like best are DiorShow Black Out mascara and Dolce & Gabbana's Volumized Lashes. and drugstore brands, i LOVE Maybeline's Falsies mascara, does AMAZING things for the lashes, at a GREAT price!

can you tell i'm a bit of a make up junkie?? ;)
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Glo Minerals pressed powder, Dessert Essence Lip Rescue, and Physicians Formula Organic Mineral Mascara.

The pressed powder covers my redness and is loaded with pharmaceutical grade vitamin A and E which heals my skin more than covers it. The Lip Rescue is the best stuff I ever let touch my lips, and the mascara is free of mercury and other crap. My lashes are actually healthier when they are bare. Actually all three have made me healthier when bare.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I agree with an earlier poster... get great applicator brushes!!

I also can't live without eyeliner and brow pencil and a good pair of tweezers. I am not brand loyal at all.
  • M_lifts
    Options
    wow! some fab ideas! im a make up novice! thinking of booking a lesson at one of the dept store counters for some pointers!
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Sunny_Lexie Posts: 114
    Options
    Not a brand loyal either - tho i have some favorites. I would absolutely recomment the CLINIQUE products to everyone!
    I use makeup to camouflage my dark circles, and to have rosy cheeks. These are my absolute essentials!
    And a dark pencil if i'm in the mood.
    Rarely lipstick - i find it weird on me, no matter what color!
  • adrianamezam
    Options
    wow! some fab ideas! im a make up novice! thinking of booking a lesson at one of the dept store counters for some pointers!

you should do this at sephora, if you don't have a brand that you prefer, since they can show you things all over the store, and not just at one counter. just a thought...if you have a sephora near you ;)
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big make-up wearer but I do like Aveno's tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. It comes in at least 4 shades. I also like Burt's Bees tinted lip moisturizer. You can use it like any "chapstick" and not worry that it's too much color. I did just buy a Cover Girl 24 Hr. Lip color. I like it and use it in the a.m. and when I go out. But I carry the Burt's Bee's with me.
  • M_lifts
    Options

you should do this at sephora, if you don't have a brand that you prefer, since they can show you things all over the store, and not just at one counter. just a thought...if you have a sephora near you ;)

no sephoras in the uk, prob debenhams or john lewis will do the trick
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I dont wear makeup. You are all so pretttttttyyy! You dont need it really. Just had to share my thoughts on it:)
  • rokikio
    rokikio Posts: 92
    Options
    Can't live without my BareEscentuals Basics like the foundation, warmth, and mineral veil. It feels like you are wearing nothing and I love that it has SPF in it!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I really like the spray foundation from Sally Hansen & Carmindy (What Not To Wear's makeup artist).

And I absolutely :heart: the long wearing lip colors, like Outlast, Colorstay or Infallible. I did have an allergic reaction to Outlast once that was pretty nasty, but I think it was just that it was too old.

And Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner... the one that's like a felt tip pen.
  • Maya1979
    Maya1979 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm in my early 30's and have just recently started getting into makeup. A few days ago I purchased Urban Decay's Naked Palette and I absolutely love it. I also bought a few of MAC's eyeshadows and love love love them.
  • HurricaneShaunna
    HurricaneShaunna Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I play up my eyes the most and I LOVE Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner (stays on all day!), Stilla Eyeshadow, and CoverGirl Lashblast Length Mascara (separates and lengthens without clumping and comes off easily).

Also love MAC concealer and powder, even if I don't wear any other makeup, just to even out my skin tone.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    olay definity mostureizer, bronzer powder and lip gloss
    love my bronzer
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth Arden - Good Morning Serum
    Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation
    Lise Watier concealer wheel
    Benefit - 10
    Bobbi Brown Stonewash Nudes Palette
    MAC - Angel (lipstick)
    L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara
    Model in a Bottle Setting Spray
    False Eyelashes

I'm an MUA in the UK. The stuff like Lise Watier and MIAB you can get on eBay
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I don't wear any make up at all anymore. I used to wear mascara. I think if I ever decide to wear make up again I'm going to have to find some good organic mascara & maybe some eye liner. Maybe eventually. lol