Hello, hello

gmpearse
gmpearse Posts: 136
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
My husband introduced me to this site which may sound supportive or rude which ever way you are viewing men. 2 years ago I was diagnosed with celiac disease. I ate enough for 3 grown men and never gain weight. It might sound great but I wasn't healthy. I am eating a gluten free diet and am healthier than ever before. Problem is, I have gained 30 lbs. My body is able to absorb all the nutrients and I am finding it difficult to loose weight. I never thought I would like counting calories but it is not as bad as I thought it would be. So, here I am.

Replies

• My husband introduced me to this site which may sound supportive or rude which ever way you are viewing men. 2 years ago I was diagnosed with celiac disease. I ate enough for 3 grown men and never gain weight. It might sound great but I wasn't healthy. I am eating a gluten free diet and am healthier than ever before. Problem is, I have gained 30 lbs. My body is able to absorb all the nutrients and I am finding it difficult to loose weight. I never thought I would like counting calories but it is not as bad as I thought it would be. So, here I am.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    hello and welcome :flowerforyou:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome. It is definately difficult to modify our diet but it sounds like you have definately done it. We are glad to have you here.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    welcome:flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    welcome-34.gif

This is a wonderful site!
  • Welcome to MFP!
  • Thanks for the nice welcome. It looks like we have similar weight loss goals.
  • Hey, can anyone explain the "go blue" and "go purple" that I see on some responses????
  • Hi ...Welcome :flowerforyou:

In reference to your question...we have a Biggest Weight Loser Challenge going on, under the Motivation and Support section...the Challenge is divide by 3 teams which are known as the Black Team, Blue Team and Purple Team. :bigsmile:
  • Fightslikeagirl
    Fightslikeagirl Posts: 16 Member
    Welcome :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • Is anyone able to join these teams? I have noticed there are other fitness challenges as well. How do you get involved - is there a proper starting point on this site?
  • Yes, all the challenges on the forums are open to everyone. Just reply to the thread, and let them know you want to join...I'm sure you will be welcomed.

On the Biggest Loser challenge, started August 19th and ends Dec.02, However you are still welcomed to join...as anyone and everyone else for that matter. Only on this challenge, since I am keeping track on our weight loss, I ask that you send me a message with your starting weight and your ideal goal weight from now until Dec 02.

Once I recieve that, I will add you to the list and put you on a team, :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.