WEIGHT LOSS ISSUE

Options
I dont know if its just me...but its hard for me to take my weight loss/gain seriously due to the fact that my weight changes every single DAY! I understand water weight and different times of the day and what not...but its always a good 3-5 pounds difference one day from the day before. Does anyone else have this kind of issue?

-Pamela

Replies

• HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!!! All I can do is do what I know is healthy as much as possible. I'm pretty close to my goal weight (and have been for a long, long time) so I've either got to exercise a LOT and not eat poorly, or get comfortable with my current weight. :o)
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    The day to day is not as much important that the burn down on a week or a month, that's where you see the trend :)
  • lisabernard
    lisabernard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    do you weigh yourself at the same time everyday? I try to weigh first thing in the morning. Your weight will fluxuate through the day and by what you eat and drink.

- Lisa
  • AEisele
    AEisele Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Daily weighing is discouraging, Better to focus on eating healthy and weigh only once or twice a week. Focus on how you feel.
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    To me, it al depends on my sodium.... day to day it will fluctuate lots and I can tell when I look back at the sodium I took in. I weight myself every day just to stay accountable, but only count it once a week. Its the change over a long period of time that counts...
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    If its an issue all you gotta do is stop weighing yourself daily! I struggled with weighing daily and it has set me back a few times. But it is normal to flux in weight throughout the week 3-7 lbs.
  • xafricanqueen07x
    xafricanqueen07x Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday at the same time..when I FIRST WAKE UP..without breakfast, or water..I don't find it discouraging, because you shouldn't have gained any weight unless its that time of the month and there is a higher chance of getting bloated. I have weighed myself every day at the same time and it has helped me be accountable..If a gain 2 oz..I know I need to work out more, If I lose a lb or some ounces I find myself even more encouraged...But to each its own..I like to know my weight daily..because it is easier to gain 3lbs in a week than to lose 3..and i'd rather know my weight every day so I can make changes during the day to ensure weekly success
  • ariellespiller
    Options
    I weigh myself every day to keep myself accountable...I know that's not the recommended frequency but it works for me! One thing to remember that will effect your weigh-ins is not to eat anything in the 2-3 hours before you go to bed, to give your body time to digest while you're still active. (If you must, try to choose something very low in calories and high in fiber; I like certain yogurts.) Also, I try not to drink water less than an hour before bed which helps me not retain as much in the morning. Hope that helps!
  • flyawaybyebye
    flyawaybyebye Posts: 250
    Options
    I think you need a new scale. My old one fluctuated a lot, but I bought a new one, and it's rock solid. Does yours give you different weights if you step on and off it a few times? If it does, toss it and buy a new one!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Im generally 3 to 5pounds heavier before bed then I am when I wake up. Its best to weigh in the morning, after bathroom, before eating or drinking..mine doesn't change, I weigh at this time of day everyday. I like to weigh everyday so I can see all the low numbers, but know not to get discouraged by a higher number..but generally its always the same number unless I lose.

Make sure ur drinking half ur body weight n ounces of water a day, and if u excercise, drink caffeine or go over on sodium to drink more water to flush out ur system...drinking caffeine depletes ur water so u need to drink extra to replace it.