girls ! the ponch, :)

Options
2»

Replies

• SkinnyCate
    SkinnyCate Posts: 116
    Options
    You can't lose weight in targeted areas.

You can't target weight loss, but you can tone up problem areas with specific exercises. I do abdominal crunches for my tum :)

Totally, but it's hard to see your hard work when you still have the fat "pooch" on top of it, ya know? The only thing that will get rid of fat (all over your body, not one targeted spot) is reduced calorie diet and cardio. :)
  • SkinnyCate
    SkinnyCate Posts: 116
    Options
    You can definitely tone, but if there's a layer of fat over that muscle, what you can do is up your cardio, lower your sodium, and watch your calorie intake. I have yet to bust the pooch myself, but I've been doing planks, hip dips, crunches and this one where I lay flat, hold a big exercise ball between my ankles and then lift my legs up and down for toning. Woooo that one's a beast! Good luck girl :)

Word/Amen :)
  • trouserchili
    Options
    Vacuums, baby! Imagine a belt of muscle tightening and strengthening around your midsection.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ms-fit5.htm

You can tighten up (sometimes by several inches) without losing an ounce of weight. I know this from experience. Plus there are the added benefits of a stronger back and more of a V shape on the upper body.

And no equipment needed.
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    ah . i really hate hard workouts . like really do hate them unless i'm with friends , or have someone with me or am at a gym where others push me i just SUCK at working out
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    ... The rest of the ponch destruction must be obtained through #1 and #2... sorry.

Hope that helps

Dig it! "Ponch destruction" will be my mantra for ab workouts from now on.., :tongue:
  • Missy123556
    Missy123556 Posts: 80
    Options
    can someone please explain planks to me?
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I got rid of mine!

Cardio cardio cardio got rid of the fat as well as a good diet. Once the fat was gone I toned up by doing lots of reverse crunches, crunches, bicycle crunches and planks. Then I did Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack.

Good luck!
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    can someone please explain planks to me?

your best bet is to check Youtube as it will show you the best form.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a difference since I started running a month ago!