How do you stay motivated? Share tips!

Options
There are days where I feel as though I can do it, I can lose the 15 pounds I want to lose and fit into my clothes again... and there are others where I forget about my body and feel so tired and frustrated that the first thing I want to do is eat eat eat... It is during those moments where things break down and I wonder how I ever even though I could do it in the first place! And the cycle continues...

How do you stay motivated regardless of the insanity of everyday life? I spent 80% of my time outside of the house and come home exhausted... so outside of vacation time... life is pretty hectic. Please share your tips and I might adopt some of them to stay on track! :) Thanks!

Replies

• breadaddict
    breadaddict Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    There are days where I feel as though I can do it, I can lose the 15 pounds I want to lose and fit into my clothes again... and there are others where I forget about my body and feel so tired and frustrated that the first thing I want to do is eat eat eat... It is during those moments where things break down and I wonder how I ever even though I could do it in the first place! And the cycle continues...

How do you stay motivated regardless of the insanity of everyday life? I spent 80% of my time outside of the house and come home exhausted... so outside of vacation time... life is pretty hectic. Please share your tips and I might adopt some of them to stay on track! :) Thanks!
  • webebeer
    Options
    I keep thinking of my self smaller....looking good in my clothes..... also what is really keeping me motivated is I told every one I know that I WILL be a size 7 by May...all my co-workers.....and friends....this seems to keep me going cuz...when I say I am going to do some thing I try to keep my word....I have lacked motivation to work out lately...busy with holidays...but on these days I really push to stick to 1200 calories....I have had bad days but I just don't tell my self I failed.... which would just give me permission to continue to fail...I get back on track and keep going...so far about 5 weeks in down 11lbs...starting weight 167...goal130.....its working just keep going.....you can do it
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    For me, it's often realizing that you won't be motivated, and you just have to do it. I changed my life three years ago, and even though I really enjoy working out, there are days I don't want to do it. Most of these days, I just do it anyway. The motivation comes after I do it. Sometimes it helps to remind myself that I'll feel great after I do it.

I do have one powerful motivator and that is how much better I feel having lost the weight (80+ pounds). When I was heavy, I had pain and fatigue that have all but dissapeared now. Your body will help. It will enjoy eating more healthful foods and moving. Most likely, if you start exercising and eating well, not to do so will make you feel yucky.

I really think the idea that some people are motivated and others aren't is a myth.

Persistence is the key. Recognize that you have made a choice to be better to yourself, and then renew that choice every day. Only you have the power to change you.

Best of luck with taking care of yourself.
    :flowerforyou: --V.
  • fescas
    Options
    I keep that bikini where I can see it...and remind myself that I may have to wear it at the drop of a hat...it reminds me that looking good is more satisfying than the 30 seconds it takes to cheat on the diet!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    When I started working midnights I gained about 10lbs and didn't fit into any of my clothes. For a year I wore the two pants that I could still squish into because clothes are expensive. I kept looking at the closet full of my nice clothes when I wanted to eat that big cheeseburger and milkshake!