From Iraq

Options
Hey there, I'm not exactly overweight but I am trying to lose the fat around my midsection..I had a baby about 17 months ago and I'm using this deployment opportunity to be rigorous at the gym! Its a little more of struggle for me as I naturally already eat healthy, I eat fruits and vegetables like crazy; dont really eat too much meat, because its just a big turn off trying to eat it here, I feel like something's wrong with it; and I don't drink any kind of soda or juice just water and skim milk- So I can't just cut things out to lose fat! I also don't smoke or drink as well.. I have been doing 30-60 minutes (depending on my energy) a day of Cardio( usually 30 minutes of running and 30 min of elliptical training) at least and do Leg weights such as leg presses/calf presses etc at the gym on Monday, wednesday, and friday; and I do Upper body/chest/back with either some free weights or the machines on tuesdays and thursdays. I also try to do leg lifts and the weighted ab machine every day...I take hardly any days off at the gym and I drink whey protein after my workouts! I have noticed a difference in my fat to muscle ratio for sure, but not really hardly any difference in my actual weight. Its kind of stuck around 149-153... I'm just wondering of any tips of foods or workouts that might really help me boost my workout regimen? I'm trying to get a low enough body fat percentage that my little belly "pooch" will go away! Any moms with suggestions? I don't want to get surgery when I get back :(..I also gained 85 lbs with my son, and I went from 235 down to what I am now! So thank god that's gone! :)

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie intake? My guess from what you said is that you're not eating enough. Let's say that you burn 2800 cals a day. You shouldn't eat anything less than 2250 realistically. Your body needs fuel. If you are increasing your muscle mass then you need more cals just to sustain life.
  • slick_fox
    slick_fox Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I chose to only have 1500 in sodium per day and this makes a big difference. I know you are in an area where it is hot and salt intake has to be regulated. Ask a doctor there what you should have as you have to have a happy balance.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    bethvandenberg- I do eat often though, I tend to eat all day long which is why I think I've progressed as I have...Also I have plenty of energy for my workouts so I don't think I'm dealing with a calorie deficit
    slick_fox- I actually don't add any sort of salt to my meals at all I just eat how the food comes cooked haha...I do what I can though, I also stay away from red meat most of the time
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Also I try to eat a lot of protein too to maintain my muscle- I drink whey protein as well as eat nuts and peanutbutter and I do eat baked chicken when they have it...I usually try to get at least 70g of protein per day