Crazy, Whack thing my doc told me

Options
2»

Replies

• mehmig
    mehmig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to get rid of her but I'm also not taking her weight loss advice. I truly don't know how I could live off of 900 a day. Thanks everyone.
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well, it sounds like you might want to clarify this advice with your physician and make sure you heard correctly. Sometimes, things can be lost in translation. We are all human and sometimes things don't always come across like we intend them to. If in fact she did suggest that diet, I would ask more questions. Safety? Reason? Etc...

I work in health care too with a background in nursing until I finished undergrad and went on to chiropractic. I have had doctors give me some asinine advice... I even had one physician tell me that I would kill myself if I drank Aloe Vera juice because it is a poison. Oh boy...

I would clarify and if you are unhappy, than switch. There may be a valid reason you were instructed to be on such a low cal diet...it can be used and beneficial in *certain* circumstances, or it may have just been a misunderstanding. Check it out.
  • Jamie_Schwartz
    Options
    Agreed, find a new Dr. When I was discussing my weightloss plan with my doctor, she specifically told me that you should eat no less than 1200 calories per day.