First post - the program is working so far

Options
I've been toying with My Fitness Pal for a while, but only got serious recently. I came back from vacation where I had vowed to follow the program, and did pretty well. I continued when I got home. I've lost 6 pounds so far.

I've needed to kick it up a notch now that I'm home since the foods here can be higher in calories and fat than the simpler food in Mexico, but I'm sticking with it. More exercise is doing me some good. I also read a great article about how much drinking water often makes the body retain it in the ankles and thighs less, and how the water helps the body metabolize fats better. I HATE drinking water, but I'm trying to force myself to do it now.

Let me know if you want to link up as Friends for support and encouragement! Esp. if you're in the SF Bay Area, which is such a foodie area that it's hard to be diligent when trying new restaurants is such a core social activity among the people I know.

Replies

• posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    congrats on your focus. keep it up...water does help a whole lot. i try to drink my fair share. when i don't i over eat... and i do not want to do that.