Gumbo Recipe?

Options
Nekoashi
Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
Ok now that I am in the right forum LOL :embarassed: (not sure why I thought the food/nutrition one was the recipe one. maybe I need a nap today :tongue: )

I'd like to make some gumbo today, does anyone have a awesome chicken, sausage, and seafood gumbo recipe they'd like to share? If its low-cal or low-fat that'd be great, but its not required. I'll be budgeting my calories today to make sure I can have some :drinker:

Replies

• Jspiffy
    Jspiffy Posts: 15
    Options
    Share please =)
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    go to cookinglight.com and search gumbo... the recipes there include full nutrition info, are easy, and DELICIOUS!!
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well it's probably too late for today sorry I just seen your post but here is my recipe for Gumbo.

Ingredients
    1 small can tomato sauce
    2 cans tomato paste
    3-1/2 cups chicken broth
    5 stalks celery diced
    1 large onion diced
    2-3 tblsp butter (my preference is I cant believe its not butter light)
    1/3 cup flour
    1 tblsp cayenne pepper
    1 tblsp cajun spice
    ½ tblsp cumin
    ½ tblsp garlic powder
    ½ tblsp black pepper
    ½ tblsp salt
    1 lb cooked chorizo sausage
    ½ lb steamed shrimp
    3 cups cooked rice
    2 cooked chicken breasts diced
    1 green pepper diced

Directions
    Sauté the onions pepper and celery in butter until tender. Add flour and stir. Add chicken broth, tomato paste, tomato sauce, sausage, shrimp, chicken and all the spices. Cover and simmer on low heat for 1 hour stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Makes 6 servings.
    Not sure if it is technically a traditional Gumbo but it is my version and its YUMMY!!!! and low in calories and lower if you omit the sausage of course.
    Hope you enjoy!!
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    thanks both of you! :) I'll have to post the recipe I made and my adjustments to it :P Its probably not low cal, but its smelling goooood. I hope it came out good :happy: