• iwlizz
    iwlizz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Anyone else affected by the tornadoes?
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Anyone else affected by the tornadoes?

I live in Southbridge and parts of town were hit. I was driving home on one of the streets literally 2 mintues before it hit. I was scared out of my mind and could actually here the tonado behind me as I was driving. The devastation is just sad. And Southbridge is nothing compared to Brimfield and Springfield and Monson. I was going to take a ride yesterday but someone told me it took her 4 hours to get through Brimfield and I really didn't want to be in the way of people that were there to help. I did take my son around town to see all the devastation. I want him to remember it. It's been 5 days and I still tear up everytime I see it all. I still can't beleive that is if hit a mile away, my house could have been gone too.
  • iwlizz
    iwlizz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, they were checking ID's to make sure you lived in those towns, otherwise you weren't allowed in. That MAY have changed, since I heard it yesterday or Sunday. (I was in NYC over the weekend, so I feel like I lost touch with some of the goings-on around here).
    I live in Palmer, and was in Ludlow when the storms hit (I work in Ludlow, and grew up there). I was in shock that this happened here. I mean, I know we get small ones, but they don't do THIS much damage!