underestimated calories goal ?

Colfiii
Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
ok, so I have this following problem : if I don't exercise, even with staying under my calories goal I don't loose anything. So in a typical week , if I eat normally so that I stay under my calories goal without any exercise, I ll not loose any weight and be hungry ( my calories goal is 1475 ) ... I feel in the days when i exercise and eat some 400 calories extra that I m fine and not starving otherwise I almost always feel like going above my calories.
So the fact that I don't loose weight + hunger although I reach my calories goal make me think that somehow I might need more and when I sit at this treshold I m in sort of starvation. Can someone tell me if this is true , if it happened to you guys ? should I increase my calories ? ... I don't think is possible for me to be over the caloreis since if I would go lower I d really die of hunger :)) ... . Thanks

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    In your profile you say you are never still and that you 'run' on nervous energy..so as you are also young I think you may have a high metabolism..and that you do need to eat a few more calories.....you lose when you exercise because this is structured energy burning that your body is less used to....try increasing you basic calorie rate by say 100 calories a day for a month and see what happens.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    I don't think the MFP formula is perfect. There are too many individual variables from person to person. I didn't like how I felt on 1200 calories so I've upped it to 1500 and I'm still losing. Adjust it a bit and see what happens.
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    When you set up your goal, how active did you say you were? if you said secentary you need to go back in an adjust it. Also from what you said about exrecising and eating the exercise cals makes you feel better, then there is your motivation to exercise. try to allways do something everyday. good luck :drinker:
  • Colfiii
    Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
    thanks everybody
This discussion has been closed.