differences in calorie counters

Options
zombiesama
zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
On this calorie counter for this site it said I should consume 2000 calories a day in order to reach my weight loss goal, and on a different one that I use mainly to track my weightlifting it said i should have 1100 calories a day ( dont plan on using that one for counting, I was just curious as to what it would say). So I just changed the calorie counter on here to 1500, is that a good or a bad thing?

Replies

• SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    What is your height and weight?
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Thats a HUGH difference! I ll just tell you from my experience on here this far. I started here March of this year and have used MFP and gone by what they suggested regarding calorie wise. I've lose 42 pounds in under 3 months. So something is working! :) I do cardio work outs, not weights(yet) so I can't help ya on that one. Good luck in your journey! :)
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    1100 calories is NOT safe... and for a man, the minimum is 1500... I'd say set it to 1600 and never let it drop below 1500...
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    My height is 5'8 and 243lbs. I also do cardio with my lifting. I will switch it to 1600, also another random question. When my cardio gets factored in to the mix and I submit the daily diary it says that my food consumption is too low and unhealthy because the cardio takes away a decent amount of calories. So is it something I should be worried about or should I just keep it the same?