I hate weekends

Options
Why is it sooo hard for most people (including me) to stick to their diet through the weekend??? Its like, when Saturday comes I just feel compelled to cheat lol. Then, when I do cheat I feel horrible and like I gave in!!! Maybe because weekends are associated with laying back and having fun and that includes food lol.....idk....I hate it but then I don't lol :)

Replies

• helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    sunday is my hard day, dinner at my parents who still eat like its the 50's lol...rich, heavy, huge portions and guilt tripping.

I tried really re-centering my weekends around active stuff, makes me more motivated to eat properly.
  • fadedflower79
    fadedflower79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a pizza.... Damn my lack of will power on weekends :/
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    ME TOO, ME TOO! I am always bad on weekends. My theory is this... we are home all weekend. being "bored" and walking past that stinking kitchen. Super easy to munch all day, at least that is what I do.
  • dekarlo08
    dekarlo08 Posts: 102
    Options
    In my case, my week days are very structured. I have 3 kids and a husband and we all have schedules that we stick to. But when the weekend rolls around it's all chaos!!! I wake up at different times, eat at different time, It's like we all lead separate lives. lol. Also, we eat out a lot more on weekends.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    me too!!!! Its sucks.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I don't have this issue very often. I am self employed, so my schedule is pretty much my own to make, so weekends really aren't that relevant to me. But....I'm noticing my summer is filling up with BBQs and parties....eeek! it's just about making healthy choices while at these events. And remembering 1 days doesn't undo 3 months of hard work. :)
  • MarthasMum
    MarthasMum Posts: 26
    Options
    Yep weekends suck, no routine and plenty of the wrong foods. How does that happen?
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I find that I'm a lot less likely to go off the rails on the weekends since I moved my weigh-in day from Friday to Monday. It's a lot easier to convince yourself that you can get away with a little cheating when you have all week to burn off the calories and work the excess sodium out of your system before you have to face the scale again.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Weekends aren't particularly triggers to me. We get out a lot and all love walking.