Kinect fitness games

Fat_Bottomed_Girl
Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 355 Member
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
So, we got a Kinect because we noticed that my DBA (daughter by association) was a little bit of a cheat at the Wii sports games. (Sitting on a bar stool playing "tennis".) Without being active, she has a potential of going the chunky route and we figured if she's going to play video games, this might be a good option.

I do my cardio at the gym, but prefer to do my weight training at home for the time being. I'm pretty experienced with free weights (from my former life as a healthy person) but just want something "motivational" to lift along with. With a knee injury, I'm not into the plyometric thing (and I think at this point it might give me a heart attack anyway). ;) Do any of you have any Kinect fitness "games" focused more towards weight training, and if so, is it worth the cash?

-Just looking for Kinect info at this point, thanks for your help! :)

Replies

• wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    bump
  • msech
    msech Posts: 32
    I like the biggest loser for the kinect. That is what I use when I am unable to go to the gym.
  • Alaranio
    Alaranio Posts: 75
    It's not geared towards weight training, but its guaranteed to get "Some one" off their but to play and help burn calories. This being said, the Dance Central for the kinect is awesome. It's not a set exercise regiment, but it does push you and make ya get some exercise in some interesting ways. It's even more interesting when you play it with/against others. Still pricey... Just look for a copy on craigslist or something.
  • msech
    msech Posts: 32
    Well none of the kinect games are really geared towards weight training but I would have to say that the biggest loser would come the closest.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 355 Member
    Thanks for your responses so far. :) I have been looking at the "Your Shape" specifically, it gets DECENT reviews, and I know it has weight training in it, just not sure how much. If anyone know for sure, I'd love to know!

And yep, have Dance Central, it can def get the heart rate up, while giving you (me) a laugh! :)
This discussion has been closed.