Scared to death...

I have lost 20 lbs and reached my goal weight. I weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant with my oldest!! Yay me!

I just switched my settings over to maintain my current weight. I am just scared that it is going to be hard to maintain. Although I now have more calories to eat each day so maybe it won't be that hard.

Is there anyone out there who is maintaining? Would you like to start a thread where we can support each other? Once you are maintaining, do you still constantly log and use MFP or do you use it less? I would like to be able to not use it as much, maybe just when planning on eating away from home and need to plan so I don't consume a huge amount of calories.

Thanks for all being part of such an inspiring website. I would have never done it without this website. Thanks. :flowerforyou:

ETA: I put a before pic in my profile. I will add an after pic once I am showered and look presentable.

Replies

• I have lost 20 lbs and reached my goal weight. I weigh less now than I did before I got pregnant with my oldest!! Yay me!

I just switched my settings over to maintain my current weight. I am just scared that it is going to be hard to maintain. Although I now have more calories to eat each day so maybe it won't be that hard.

Is there anyone out there who is maintaining? Would you like to start a thread where we can support each other? Once you are maintaining, do you still constantly log and use MFP or do you use it less? I would like to be able to not use it as much, maybe just when planning on eating away from home and need to plan so I don't consume a huge amount of calories.

Thanks for all being part of such an inspiring website. I would have never done it without this website. Thanks. :flowerforyou:

ETA: I put a before pic in my profile. I will add an after pic once I am showered and look presentable.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    toot0vz.giftoot0vz.giftoot0vz.gif

GREAT JOB!

Can't help with the maintaining though--I've still got a long way to go. :ohwell:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    YEY YOU!!! YOU TOTALLY ROCK!

I hear you on the maintaining...I'm not there yet, but I'm scared I'll fail when I get there. I have had a few moments where my hubby has had to smack me back out of starving myself to be thin. I'm paranoid about going the wrong way again!!!

Just give it a try for 14 days, and see how it goes. My lovely friend Banks should have some great info on maintaining. I have no links thus far. Just keep mindful of your goal...And can you keep me updated on this? I'm so close!!!

Again, congrats on your success girlie! YEY YOU!!! So where are some new only YOU photos? HUM???
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Congrats!!!! You've made it!!!!
    :drinker:

Can you share some secrets to your success? Did you hit an bumps or plateaus along the way? How long did it take you?

Good work and can't wait to see the "after" pic!
    :flowerforyou:

Btw... I looked at your profile, and can hardly tell which is a "before" pic - which is it?????
    :smile:
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    I'm definetly interested in a maintenance thread since that is the part where I've constantly failed in the past. I don't have a lot to loose since I'm just trying to take off what I gained back from the last time I lost weight. I think it's a great idea.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Wow... look at that ticker 0 pounds to go!!! A huge big brother Jamerz hug and doing the happy dance for ya! :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

Great job!!!

I would LOVE a maintance thread
    I started here in Jan and lost about 27 pounds by May and have been 'maintaining' ever since
    It's scary...
    I've found a happy place as far as cals and working out
    I seem to go up/down a pound...I still weight in weekly...

Kim
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Yeah congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!