Shirataki Noodle recipes?

Options
CassieLEO
CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
I tried Shirataki Noodles with spaghetti sauce tonite and thought it was incredible at how good the noodles were and how they were just like pre-cooked spaghetti! Does anyone have any recipes they can share that used these noodles? Thanks!!!

Replies

• sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I just recently tried them as well. I just did crumbled italian turkey, sauteed in garlic, added some italian spices, mushrooms and spaghetti sauce. It had a little "kick" to it. To use up the rest of the sauce, I put it on a flat out flat bread, with some fresh mozarella on top, and made it sort of a pseudo meatball sub, of sorts! Sorry I don't have more specific recipes for the noodles, but, it's SOME what of a thought! :)
  • amyhollar
    amyhollar Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm trying them tonight for the first time! Using a modified Hungry-Girl recipe with a little bit of fat-free sour cream, shredded parmesean, and laughing cow cheese wedges, along with broccoli, so a mock-fettucine alfredo w/broc. The exact ingredients with measurements are listed in my food diary under "Dinner" for today's date if you want to see them. I will let you know how I like it!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I was just reading that recipe and was thinking how yummy it looked LOL!!! Cant wait to hear!
  • Adrianamdelacruz
    Options
    Bump
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amyhollar
    amyhollar Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was just reading that recipe and was thinking how yummy it looked LOL!!! Cant wait to hear!

ok WELL i really WANTED to love these noodles, but the texture is a little weird for me. I think I'd need to mix them half and half with regular spaghetti or something. They were ok, just didn't blow my mind like I had hoped they would.

As far as the recipe goes- it was really good! I made it with more sauce since I added a fair amount of broccoli to it, and the cheesy sauce I made with the fat free sour cream, shredded real parmesean cheese and garlic&herb laughing cow was really tasty- I think I will make it in the future to put on steamed veggies. And since you already know you love the noodles, then I think you will really like this recipe! I would definitely add broccoli to it. Good luck!