Needing food advice

Options
Ok I'm new to all this so bare with me. I am wondering if anyone can tell me some foods that have polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats in them. This says my goal is 100 and I never come close to it. Also protein I struggle to get. Please keep in mind I have a family of 7 and can't afford a lot of fancy expensive diet food. Thanks for the help.

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    olive oil, if you need JUST fat. as for protein. canned tuna, chicken, protein shakes. And to a lesser extent, but have both fat and protein, almonds walnuts etc.
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    fish, avacados (yak!), nuts and seeds all have protein and good fats in.
  • tmonty1
    tmonty1 Posts: 1
    Options
    i am always over my protein. Yoplait 2x the protien yogurt is good, whey protein powder, almonds, fiber one bars also have protein in them. Quaker oatmeal weight control also has alot of protein in it.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    The oils you find in nuts, seeds, avocados, olives, and olive oil are great examples. They're all vegetable-derived fats and they're the best! And cold-water fish (salmon, tuna, etc.)

Good luck on your journey with your busy family! I hope you're getting a lot of support!
  • triciacline921
    triciacline921 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great advice. Its so nice to be able to ask questions from people on the same journey as I am. Thanks again!