afraid of the scales!

Options
me and my wife want to lose weight together, I have been on here for a few months now and have been going well. she wants to do this too but doesnt want to get on the scales. I try not to pressure her but if she wants to do this, isnt it essential to enter your weight so you can do things accurately. Will an estimate of her weight be sufficient? should I keep trying to convince her? I have always found it extremely motivating to know my progress as I slowly drop the pounds.

any advice? thank you!

Replies

• waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    What if she weighs, and doesnt look. U can put in her weight and if/when she is ready to weigh in again, you could do it for her so she doesnt have to get upset. Also, have her measure herself so she knows what she is starting at.
    Good luck
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I'd say having an initial weight is important to help determine how many calories she is burning. After that she can gauge her weight loss by how fit she feels and how her clothes fit. She will want to to weigh in periodically just because her calorie needs will decrease as her weight decreases, but there is really no need for weighing weekly or anything like that, unless you want to.
  • MissMegan3119
    MissMegan3119 Posts: 110
    Options
    I'd say having an initial weight is important to help determine how many calories she is burning. After that she can gauge her weight loss by how fit she feels and how her clothes fit. She will want to to weigh in periodically just because her calorie needs will decrease as her weight decreases, but there is really no need for weighing weekly or anything like that, unless you want to.

I agree with this.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It is not really necessary to put your weight in on the info. I think that she will notice if she is losing weight by how lose her clothes are getting, When she is ready she will put it in the system. I think that it is great that you have each other to motivate each ofther and support each other.
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options

I agree with this.

I agree as well.
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It's more important what works for her . If she doesn't want to weigh and that's holding her back from getting going, forget it. Eat clean and exercise regularly and you'll be better off regardless if you're weighing.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    She needs to weigh herself to set up her account, but ongoing weighing isn't necessary. I would recommend she also take her measurements and measure herself once a month or biweekly. She can monitor her ongoing process by reviewing her food dairies. If she is successful in eating and exercising properly she will meet her numbers but not go over. That includes the more tricky ones like sodium and sugar. I only weigh in monthly but I analyze my dairy each night to see what improvements and adjustments I can make. personally I think this has helped me to make better food choices and handle social situations better than being married to a number on the scale.