Cleaning Up

Options
I've noticed that if my house is clean, then my eating is likely to be cleaner too.
Does anyone else find that to be true, or am I just weird.
Working on some extra cleaning and streamlining in our house to get back on track. I'm a little overwhelmed with everything right now.

Replies

• HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Nope! That's me to a "T" ! I hate cooking if the kitchen is dirty. It's so much easier to relax and make a good meal when the house is clean - less chaotic!
  • Acidbelgium
    Options
    Well, I've found that a clean home makes for a better and less depressed attitude. So, naturally I think one would want to eat better.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've actually heard before that people with lots of clutter in their house are more likely to overeat or eat the wrong things. I think the idea is that clutter causes stress, and stress makes you eat. Also, it's so much easier to cook a nice healthy meal in a clean kitchen!
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    If I do a deep clean in the kitchen; I do not want to cook because then it will get dirty!!! LOL! But, when if it is neat and clean (organized) it does make it easier to cook!
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    In Feng Shui you are taught clutter can even cause illness, So yes, it makes sense and yes, I am also like that!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I have found this to be true, only because I think it refers to my whole attitude- my house is where I live, where I feel the most comfortable.
    And for me apathy breeds contempt.

When I start leaning towards apathy=ya know that "I-don't really care-what's-the-point?" attitude around my house,
    I do the same thing with the body I live in too.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that a lot of people on the show "Hoarders" are overweight. I find that my overall stress level is down when my house is clean and organized. Less stress=better eating