Off the Wagon

Options
Let this be a cautionary tale to all of you with success stories--the path downhill is much easier than the climb back up.

I used to work out like crazy and really watch what I ate. I love sports and I love healthy food. I transferred schools and went through a really tough two years, working as a bartender (while I ate and drank like one, too). I have to break this cycle! I'm hoping that staying accountable to myself (no "estimating" portions or avoiding the scale!) and others (hi!) will help me to stay focused and lose this weight in time to get to the lake in a bikini at least once this summer.

BEFORE --130lbs
Right
3627130_2578.jpg
Middle
3627130_2985.jpg

3627130_7331.jpg

AFTER -- 165lbs
3627130_3586.jpg
Right
3627130_1036.jpg

Replies

• waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    U still look really skinny. But good luck on this site. It is great and people are so supportive.
  • mrrodriguez
    mrrodriguez Posts: 158
    Options
    I hope I can post some pictures I am proud of when I have been on MFP for a while. I agree with you, it is easier to keep the weight off than to start all over again after letting it go. I think I went up about 65 lbs. before I freaked out and realized that I couldn't let this go on any longer. Keep up the good work. Somehow it's not fair. It seems one can gain five pounds by looking at something good tasting and then take two months to lose the weight. Life just isn't fair sometimes.
  • lianehunter
    Options
    Thanks! It's so hard to stop beating yourself up about what you've been doing wrong and move on. I am trying not to dwell on the clothes I can't fit into and just start cutting out processed foods and exercise every day. I was trying to start this yesterday, and my excuse for starting today was that my boyfriend's family took us out for margaritas and mexican food. On day 1! Before, I would have just eaten the chicken soup and had water. Last night, I had 2 margaritas and split fajitas with him, only to hate myself for it later. I guess I just need to step it up--there are no quick fixes.
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar wagon. Having had and almost lost. I'm currently fighting back about a 20lb weight gain (over about a year) after having lost 95 over 2 years. You'll get there again! You know what you have to do, and HOW to do it. It's a matter of just DOING it.

Good advice I keep telling myself. Thankfully MFP is helping my motivation and desire to get back to where I was, if not better.

Feel free to add me to your support team if you'd like. :smile:
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I think you still look great, but applaud you for nipping the creeping weight gain in the bud. You are beautiful, no doubt you will be successful in getting to your comfortable weight. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • lianehunter
    Options
    Thanks! :)