struggle reaching calorie goals

being new to the site and obviously having never paid much attention to how many calories i eat i never knew before now how many i have a day. I have just realised i eat less than 1,200 calories a day (averaging around 900-1000) but what i do eat isn't particularly healthy all the time as i am a student and do not have the money for healthy fresh food, i am now trying to eat healthier but i'm concered that my calorie intake will be less and therefore unhealthy. i'm confused! lol can anyone help and give me advice?

Replies

• being new to the site and obviously having never paid much attention to how many calories i eat i never knew before now how many i have a day. I have just realised i eat less than 1,200 calories a day (averaging around 900-1000) but what i do eat isn't particularly healthy all the time as i am a student and do not have the money for healthy fresh food, i am now trying to eat healthier but i'm concered that my calorie intake will be less and therefore unhealthy. i'm confused! lol can anyone help and give me advice?
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    If you are eating less than 1200 calories because you have earned more through exersice that is one thing. On your home page there is a box on the left hand corner. Calories consumed for the day should never be under 1200 calories or you take the risk of your body going into starvation mode which means that when you do start eating you will gain because your body will store food automatically as fat because it thinks you are starving it. Now, if you have exercised for the day and earned extra calories... in the reports section it may say net calories is less than 1200. As long as you have consumed your 1200 cals a day you don't have to use the extra cals earned from exersice. When you log out at the end of the day a little note will pop up under saying if you have consumed to little cals for the day.