Just over half way!

xdannigirl
xdannigirl Posts: 32 Member
Some of this was unhealthy weight loss, but it came off all the same and I haven't put it back on. I'm 5'3" tall and I'm 17 years old...from what I can tell I have a small bone structure but I won't really know until I've lost more weight, lol.

June 2009 (~150lbs):
2dspkis.jpg

May 2011 (125lbs):
28rpm3p.jpg

Replies

• Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    I think you look great at 125! How tall are you Hun? Is 105 a good weight for you? I don't wanna sound like a Debbie downer but that's awefully small.
  • xdannigirl
    Im 5'3". From what I can tell I've got a small bone structure. I may look good with clothes on, I don't really with clothes off. :/

Oh and I'm 17 years old :P
  • Jeepinmom4
    Again I think you look great where your at. You might not need to loose anymore,just tone everything. Oh and your starting weight is my GOAL weight lol if you do continue to loose,make sure you do it the healthy way :) Gl Hun
  • Jeepinmom4
    Oh and make sure your boyfriend keeps the backrubs coming lol
  • xdannigirl

I know my weight is healthy and I look fine, but I've still got a lot of fat I'd like to lose. I've been doing 20-40 minutes of cardio 3-5 times per week (during the summer it will increase) and 20 minutes of pilates when I can. I've gone from a DD cup to a D and a 34 band to like, 32. For clothes I started at large shirts and either size 10 or 12 pants (don't remember which) and now I can mostly wear small shirts and size 6 pants. :D
  • xdannigirl
    LOL well right now I'm kind of caught between two boys (my ex and my current boyfriend)...I'll be getting backrubs from either one though. :D

By the way, my profile picture is how I looked at about 134 ish.
  • kmp327
    kmp327 Posts: 97 Member
    I agree - I think you shouldn't worry so much about the number. 125 is a pretty healthy weight, I feel like 20 more pounds is a lot to lose. Only you know what's best for you, I just encourage you to not try to strive to be one of the stick thin clones we see in Hollywood. Listen to your body and the way you feel about yourself and don't let anyone make you feel differently!

You like beautiful, congrats on your recent weight loss. Just keep it healthy!
  • xdannigirl
    Thank you ladies! :)

By the way...I tried on that dress during the summer. I did it up and let go so I could find the straps and it fell to the floor...LOL. That was one of the best moments of my life. :)
  • kmp327
    kmp327 Posts: 97 Member
    Oh and in regards to the fat you want to lose - all the cardio you're doing is great but you should do a bit more strength training. That will help you tone up. Ignore the numbers on the scale for a bit because when you gain muscle your weight will be higher but you will look more toned. If you have Bodypump classes in your area, I would try out one of those - I like them because the instructor tells you everything to do and I don't even have to think about it. Don't worry about bulking up - you won't! Just do small weights and a lot of reps. The great thing is, besides just looking good, weight lifting has tons of long term benefits, so if you learn to incorporate that into your routine now it will be infitinely better for you long term. One of those benefits is that muscle will burn more calories when you are at rest, so your metabolism will speed up a little.

Make sure to eat protein after lifting weights, too! Feel free to friend me/message me if you need more help on this.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Oh and in regards to the fat you want to lose - all the cardio you're doing is great but you should do a bit more strength training. That will help you tone up. Ignore the numbers on the scale for a bit because when you gain muscle your weight will be higher but you will look more toned. If you have Bodypump classes in your area, I would try out one of those - I like them because the instructor tells you everything to do and I don't even have to think about it. Don't worry about bulking up - you won't! Just do small weights and a lot of reps. The great thing is, besides just looking good, weight lifting has tons of long term benefits, so if you learn to incorporate that into your routine now it will be infitinely better for you long term. One of those benefits is that muscle will burn more calories when you are at rest, so your metabolism will speed up a little.

Make sure to eat protein after lifting weights, too! Feel free to friend me/message me if you need more help on this.

She is right about the strength training, but you should do fewer reps (6-12) with heavier weights to build muscle. Doing higher reps with light weights will only increase muscle endurance but not build muscle.

125 is a healthy weight for someone your height. It just seems to me your body fat percentage might still be high. Tone down the cardio, add some strength training, and make sure you're getting adequate protein. If you train successfully, you probably won't see much difference on the scale, but you will see a load of difference in the way your body looks.

If you're interested, check out my blog and read the entry titled "Why Women Should Lift Weights."

Good luck, and great job so far!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!