Stumbling Block :(

Options
I was doing so well with Blue Sky MD (medical weight loss clinic). I have lost 33 lbs since Feb 1 (26 with them).
Now I've blown it.
I have gallbladder disease. So this low carb, high protein diet... Not the best thing for me right now.
I went to the ER last night with horrible abdominal pain. Now it has to come out. Of course since this is a holiday weekend, I won't be able to get it taken out until next week or so. Meanwhile, the best food for this biliary colic is potatoes (not supposed to have them on my blue sky diet). Worst food: chicken. I haven't even been able to let my doctor know because it all happened over Friday and today. I'm just hoping their open on Monday so I can get a referral to a general surgeon Tuesday!
I had some problems with it while I was pregnant in 2009, but it had not caused me too much trouble after Shane was born. However this ketogenic high fat burning diet on the other hand exacerbates gallbladder disease. There is a polyp in it which may or may not be cancerous.
So, for now I'm nervous about an impending surgery, mad that I've got to go off my diet and kind of scared about what could happen between now and getting this out (jaundice, infection, sepsis, pancreatitis).

Replies

• Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago, it was a same day surgery. I had to wait a whole month b4 they took it out, so my diet consisted of vanilla wafers and soy milk! not the best diet, but i did lose weight! It was the ONLY thing I could eat without pain. just remember to stay away from dairy products! that is the worst part....i couldn't drink coffee for a whole month! I couldn't eat salad dressings....etc. please feel free to add me. i've been thru it hun!