bump
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    yum
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My husband loves all things involving baked apples and we were sitting around enjoying a lazy Saturday night together when he exclaims that he really wants a Saturday treat of apple turnovers. Of course, this thought unfortunately came at 10 pm, grocery stores are now closed. He actually came up with this idea based on items we had but I performed the execution and you know what? They were excellent! So fresh too compared to the gummy and dry store bought ones that are 300-500 calories each.

1 canister of Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
    3 Splenda 0-cal packets
    ½ tsp ground cinnamon
    1 granny smith apple, pealed and diced fine
    8 tbsp Great Value light whipped topping
    1 tsp Parkay margarine

Nutrition: 114 cals, 226mg sodium, 16g carbs, 1, g fiber, 5g fat, 2 g protein,

Directions: roll out and divide Pillsbury crescent dough, brush with melted margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon and 2 packets of sweetener. Top with diced apple pieces and roll into a crescent. Place completed crescents on a sprayed cookie sheet then sprinkle remaining sweetener packet and cinnamon. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes until golden brown. Top with whipped topping and serve warm.

Enjoy!

Picture527.jpg

* FYI, I actually put about 2 tbsp of whipped topping on each but for the sake of cals, 1 tbsp would be just as good. My whipped topping was also frozen hence why it looks more like ice cream in my photo.

BUMP
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of apple turnovers too and I love this idea! Thank you so much for posting it! :smile:
  • JasmineRose14
    JasmineRose14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This looks phenominal!! What a great treat to satisfy my apple pie craving! Thank you!!
  • glamouritz64
    glamouritz64 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    BUMP to the 10th power! LOLOL