cravings

Options
what do you do to fight off cravings. I don't mean crazy stuff and most of the time I don't know what the heck I am craving. Just now I wiped out a pound of strawberry's. Mind you that's not that bad of a thing they are good for you but still. . They hit me 4 or 5 times a week.

Replies

• Mike79k
    Mike79k Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As a odd side note. Mine are always worse on days of low protein intake. I have learned over the years that I must eat lots of protean or I will eat like a starving mad man all the time.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    As a odd side note. Mine are always worse on days of low protein intake. I have learned over the years that I must eat lots of protean or I will eat like a starving mad man all the time.

Didn't you just answer your own question, Mike? LOL. :laugh:
  • electromg
    electromg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You're doing it! Protein. And fiber too. Aside from that, I like to pick foods that combine sweetness and protein together. I do 0% greek yogurt with blueberry flaxseed and splenda. This is like a dessert to me! I also like cottage cheese and pineapple. Every so often I will munch on a spoonful fresh ground peanut butter (the kind with little to no added sugar and salt). I think one of the best things I learned was to just eat the real deal though. Eat your strawberries, but while you eat them tell yourself you won't do that for awhile. The second half of the pound you realize that they don't taste as wonderful as the first. By the way, I wish strawberries were the worst of my cravings ;)
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    The most helpful thing for me is to keep busy. Stay out of the kitchen and just not stock it the way you used to. I keep small amounts of everything. It's a pain for me to go to the store all the time, but much safer. Drink lots of water too. Eventually the cravings will fade. I think the cravings are the body going through withdrawl. The longer you can go without over eating, or eating the wrong foods, the easier it gets. I used to tear through the buffet near my house. 5 - 6 plates of food EASY before hitting the dessert bar and having ice cream, cookies, AND a cupcake. Now I have a plate of salad, a plate of something else and an ice cream and I'm quite happy. And I drink a ton of water too!
  • Mike79k
    Mike79k Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    protean helps me I was just wondering what others do to deal with them.. even on days that I eat a tune of protean I can still get them.. I am new to mfp but not new to eating and living right... this is me bout 10 years ago
    http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh145/cars4fun2001/fata2-1.jpg

and this is me about 8 years ago

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh145/cars4fun2001/Rcpic011.jpg

i have put on some weight since the last pic.Im the guy in the long sleeves in my profile pic. that's what brought me here trying to shed it back off. no where near what I was. I weigh 222.my goal is to get back down to about 185 I was down to 165 and I looked sick.

ok I give up on posting pics.