OT: It's going too fast!! :(

Options
I went out to buy my son some new Fall/Winter clothes yesterday.....

How in the world did he go from this little baby to a 2T even 3T in some clothes!!

:sad: :sad: :sad: He is growing too fast!!! Next year, he will be starting preschool!!! :sad:

But, I got him some cute things!! What a handsome boy he is!! And his shoes! size 6 1/2!! From a 5 at the beginning of Summer.

Sorry, just a little mommy sadness/happiness moment!

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I went out to buy my son some new Fall/Winter clothes yesterday.....

How in the world did he go from this little baby to a 2T even 3T in some clothes!!

:sad: :sad: :sad: He is growing too fast!!! Next year, he will be starting preschool!!! :sad:

But, I got him some cute things!! What a handsome boy he is!! And his shoes! size 6 1/2!! From a 5 at the beginning of Summer.

Sorry, just a little mommy sadness/happiness moment!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    :sad: Oooohhh.... Totally know what you mean. My little guy did the same thing. Now he's 8, just shy of 5 feet tall, and wears a size 8 1/2 mens shoe. He still likes to cuddle at night, though *feeling redeemed* :smile:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I hear ya Tam!:heart:

Yesterday I pulled a pair of PJ's out of my 3 yr olds drawer and saw 3T on the label, they are small now, so I thought maybe they would be big on my 20 month old....they fit him perfectly! 3T? Seriously? He just started wearing 2T!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Juliebean
    Options
    I can relate. My niece started pre-school this year. When my dad went to drop her off at school she said "Gwampy you can go now. I don't need you to stay. I have my friends now." Needless to say, Grampy was blubbering like a baby by the end of this.

Take advantage of the time you have with your little guy now. And maybe start thinking about a little brother or sister for him! :wink:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    wait till first day of high school :cry:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I can relate. My niece started pre-school this year. When my dad went to drop her off at school she said "Gwampy you can go now. I don't need you to stay. I have my friends now." Needless to say, Grampy was blubbering like a baby by the end of this.

Take advantage of the time you have with your little guy now. And maybe start thinking about a little brother or sister for him! :wink:
    Oh girl..I have been tracking my cycle for awhile now!! Our plan is to start trying around the end of next month!! :wink: :wink:
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    My girls are in High school and college...and I'm looking back wondering where the time went! Too fast is RIGHT!!!:sad:
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just wait....it gets worse. It seems like just yesterday my guys were wearing 2T and 3T. Now they are 16 and 14 years old. A Freshman and a Junior in High School. My oldest is driving and working part time....thinking about colleges. How does it happen???
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Hell that's nothing, I just had may little girl last week and now she's in 6th grade. Wait maybe that was 12 years ago, crap somewhere I lost 11 years. It does go fast. I couldn't beleive it when my youngest started Kindergarden and now he's in 2nd grade. I just want my little babies back.:sad:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    They do grow up way to fast. My mom always said "When they are little, they step on your toes..when they're big, they step on your heart!" :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I'll see boys that are older...and think "How can my son possibly get that big??" LOL!

He is all about MOMMY right now! I know it won't stay that way! :sad: :sad: I am TRULY enjoying it!!
  • stephanielamb79
    Options
    I just bought my 10 year old women's size 7 shoes for school. Needless to say, I cried a little. I absolutely know how you feel.. and am here to tell you it won't get easier as they get older. :sad: But, that said, enjoy them while they're small!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Just remember kiddo, you are planning on makin another! Then it will start all over! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Just remember kiddo, you are planning on makin another! Then it will start all over! :flowerforyou:
    I know....but he will always be my first "Baby". My sweet little boy!! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    awe! i understand totally tam!

my son gage is 8 years old!!! i just cant believe im old enough to have a kid that old!

my little babies! Rylee and Harlow are 4 and almost 3
    :-(

everone grew up so quick!!!!!!!!!!!
    cherish your lil guy
    soon he will be playing football not hugging and kissing on mommy!
    thats what happened to my oldest hahaha its all about football practice and no more hugs for mom! haha oh no and esp not in public!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I know....but he will always be my first "Baby". My sweet little boy!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

HAHA! :laugh:
    I understand....there are days I look at my kiddo and think, "Man, when did you get so big." (She's already up to my chest!!!! She's ONLY 5!)
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just remember to enjoy every second of them when they are little.
    Not to say they are not just as enjoyable as teenagers. It's just a different kind of enjoyment.
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. My little guy is going to grow completely through 2Ts this winter. His feet are huge as well, and they grow so fast!!!! It's hard to keep him in shoes.

How old is your little one? My Nathan is 21 months on the 18th.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids but got lots of nephews, nieces, and great nephews. And, I have a great-nephew who turns 18 today :noway: . Talk about being made to feel old...
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    Poor Tam..

Just wait till he is in high school and wants nothing to do with you...and everything to do with the cute girl over there waiting for him.
    Enjoy him while he is little and it is still 'all about mommy'