Hi.....help please

jillus500
jillus500 Posts: 8
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I have been using MFP since April but started loosing weight Feb 1st, to date I have shed 25lbs by cutting intake to 1200 a day and doing that by eating Marks and Spencer Fuller Longer meals in the evening.I live in Scotland by the way. I really hate exercise but did some to the Biggest Looser DVD but ended up with sciatica so have not done any for a while.

I seem to have hit the dreaded plateau and have not lost, but have gained a pound in the last two weeks. I seem to eat a lot of snacks and wonder if dividing my cals by just four might be the way forward. Currently I seem to eat every hour!

Would love any tips you might have to get me shedding again. Thanks.

Replies

• azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    zig zag your cals. up them by 200 for a few days then lower it back down. and exercise will help :) even its a bit of walking
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Hi, I have been using MFP since April but started loosing weight Feb 1st, to date I have shed 25lbs by cutting intake to 1200 a day and doing that by eating Marks and Spencer Fuller Longer meals in the evening.I live in Scotland by the way. I really hate exercise but did some to the Biggest Looser DVD but ended up with sciatica so have not done any for a while.

I seem to have hit the dreaded plateau and have not lost, but have gained a pound in the last two weeks. I seem to eat a lot of snacks and wonder if dividing my cals by just four might be the way forward. Currently I seem to eat every hour!

Would love any tips you might have to get me shedding again. Thanks.

You have to exercise, find something you enjoy. Anything... From a nutrition stand pound, You shouldn't lower your energy intake(caloric intake). You should lower your carbs, but have the same amount of calories. There is one reasons why people gain fat, it's because of insulin. Insulin is raised by eating too many calories, or too many carbs. So lower your carbs some. Start with 50% of your calories from carbs. I try to eat under 100 carbs per day.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Helps if you opend your food diary - easier to give informed information.....
    The one thing I would say is have a look at the sodium you are eating (in my experience most pre- packed food) and that includes Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers have massive amounts of sodium - which could retain water.....

I also agree with others - some excercise might help, also make sure you eat enough fresh vegetables....
  • jillus500
    Thanks for that, I just worked out how to open my diary, but looking back on the days I am truly embarrassed at the number of snacks I eat! Also I don't always fill in all the nutrition bits and just put in quick cals.

Will seriously take a look at some sort of exercise too, I do eat some vegetables, maybe I ought to make the snacks more veg based instead of chocolate based. But that's going to be hard.
  • jillus500
    Just leaving to go and buy a Reebok Stepper, at least I can burn some calories while watching TV, anyone used one and had success?

( it is also easily hideable under the couch ;)
This discussion has been closed.