Anyone else nearly 'healthy'...?

schninie82
schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
Hi... I'm Sarah and I started MFP when my BMI was juuuust about to touch the 'Obese' section (12st 12lb).... So I've been working out and eating health all year and now, I've worked my way through the whole of the 'Overweight' section and I'm juuuuust about to touch the 'healthy' section (11st 4lb).... I can't wait to be healthy, I've been weighing in every morning so I can see it happen before my very eyes!!! Is any one else nearly healthy too? Its like counting in the New Year or waiting for Santa!!!

Replies

• Melinda1987
    Melinda1987 Posts: 130
    I'm heavily into the "Obese" area of BMI but I can feel your joy! It's not Happy New Year - it's HAPPY NEW YOU! Good luck - you can do it!! :D
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    I'm still about 10 pounds from 'healthy' on the BMI scale, but am looking forward to the day when it comes. I've come down from the obese range (12 st 8 was the boundary, I was 13 st 9) and am really looking forward to getting to 10 st 7 (my healthy cut-off). Currently 11 st 3. Congratulations on your near-healthiness, it must feel wonderful!
  • rachaelliversidge
    rachaelliversidge Posts: 16 Member
    Hi, I'm in almost the same situation, I'm 5'6 and 11st 3lb so also getting excited about reaching 'healthy'. the last few ponds have slowed though so hoping it doesn't take too long! It's exciting for me as it is also what my mfp goal is set to as this seemed so far away when I started! I am confident I want to do more now and will reset my goal to at least another 1/2 stone I think and go from there.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Hi, I'm in almost the same situation, I'm 5'6 and 11st 3lb so also getting excited about reaching 'healthy'. the last few ponds have slowed though so hoping it doesn't take too long! It's exciting for me as it is also what my mfp goal is set to as this seemed so far away when I started! I am confident I want to do more now and will reset my goal to at least another 1/2 stone I think and go from there.

Soooo true, it's on a go-slow!! Or is it me just over-excited?!?!?!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    I hit "healthy" from overweight a few weeks ago. It's a nice feeling that after that, your weight loss is less essential and for your own personal happiness. However, it didn't make any difference to the fact that although the number said healthy, my body didn't reflect that.
  • chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    im in the healthy but want to be a bit lower in it - im at 21 at the moment
This discussion has been closed.