Your strangest NSV's...?

Options
cjs3001
cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
I was wondering, what is the weirdest NSV you've come across so far? Something you didn't even assume would happen, or happen quickly?

I work in a lab all day so I'm constantly wearing latex gloves or washing my hands with evil hospital soap (I'm sure some of you know the type!) and my fingernails were AWFUL. Cracking, super ridged and really soft. But NOW... they're lovely! I still work, still do all the same things but because I'm eating better and drinking less alcohol it's really made them look different.

Anyone else had other completely unexpected benefits from weight loss and healthy living? There's got to be some :happy:

Replies

• giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    This may be a dumb question but, because I'm relatively new here I'll ask it. What does NSV stand for?
  • teelt13
    teelt13 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Non-scale victory :-)
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think the weirdest NSV I've had is guilt...I feel guilty if I miss a run so now I get out there, even when I don't want to go, especially when I don't want to go, even if I have to walk some, I still go! This is weird because I have never liked to run and that I go anyway is my victory :)
  • cjs3001
    Options
    Non Scale Victory - so things that are happening because you're getting fit and healthy but not really related to just dropping numbers :)
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    non scale victory
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I didn't know either. It stands for Non Scale Victory
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    I think my favorite NSV is having my daughter hugging me and saying " I can get my arms all the way around you" gotta love the kiddos
  • amandae79
    amandae79 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I think the weirdest NSV I've had is guilt...I feel guilty if I miss a run so now I get out there, even when I don't want to go, especially when I don't want to go, even if I have to walk some, I still go! This is weird because I have never liked to run and that I go anyway is my victory :)

ME TOO!!! Just like today, i wanted to take the day off from workingout, well i felt guilty and decided to ride the stationary bike for 10 minutes, but ended up riding it for 15! Of course that isnt my usual amount of time i spend workingout, but i feel better knowing i did something!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    when I had my weekly cheat meal, I went with a friend to a favorite whole in the wall mexican restaurant for nachos. Normally I could have eaten the whole plate. I had to quit before finishing because I was so full to the point of feeling bad.
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I think my favorite NSV is having my daughter hugging me and saying " I can get my arms all the way around you" gotta love the kiddos

That is awesome!!!

I know the hospital soap you speak of. I was a phlebotomist for 10 years and that microbial soap is horrible! Congrats on the weight loss and getting healthier.
  • msrepairman
    msrepairman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's not really strange, but it was one that stood out, Going to Walmart and buying blue jeans and polo shirts and not having to pay the extra $2:00 for the larger sizes.
  • Marcia_11
    Marcia_11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's a NSV but it definitely surprised me. I was laying in bed and was rubbing my hand down my chest due to some sore muscles and felt this lump. Instantly I was scared. I had hubby rub his hand so he could feel it. He says "ummm honey, that's your breast bone!" :laugh: I've never felt it before!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My weirdest NSV so far is that when I sit in the adirondak chairs on our porch, my tailbone hits the slats! I still have a long way to go but I have loose fat and it seems to sort of spread out and I can feel my tail bone and my spine more than before. Weird, but at least I know my body is changing!
  • cjs3001
    Options
    Not sure if it's a NSV but it definitely surprised me. I was laying in bed and was rubbing my hand down my chest due to some sore muscles and felt this lump. Instantly I was scared. I had hubby rub his hand so he could feel it. He says "ummm honey, that's your breast bone!" :laugh: I've never felt it before!

Hahaha! Last night I was in bed like "Feel this solid bit!" and kept making my OH feel my hip bone. Little things, eh? :bigsmile:
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My 3 year old telling me "wow Mommy, your butt is a lot smaller!" and being excited (& a bit embarrassed!) when trying to get my underwear back up during a Zumba class because they'd fallen down. THank God my pants didn't go with them!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I didn't really think of it as a NSV yesterday, but my husband and I went to Costco and we always get a slice of pizza there after we check out. I always eat the whole thing and anything of my 3 yr olds that he doesn't eat. I have been eating very healthy the past 2 weeks and so when I sat down with the pizza, I could barely stomach even half of it! It was so greasy and I felt sick after! I saw that as a great thing, especially when I went into my food log to put it in and a whole slice has 775 calories!!!!! So glad I won't be eating those anymore!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    About a month and a half ago, my cousin had a 60s themed birthday party. We wanted to dress as Emma Peel and John Steed from the Avengers, and I wanted to wear some tight black pants with a black turtleneck for that Emma Peel catsuit look. Went shopping, and found a pair of pleather leggings on clearance at Kohls. But they were size small. I tried them on anyway, and they fit! And looked great!

(It was humid and rainy that day, and even with Mr Steed's Umbrella, I got rained on and my perfect 60s flip hairstyle turned into my natural frizzy curls.)

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Usually when I take my son to birthday parties I will have whatever they are having at the party to eat. We were at Chuck E Cheese yesterday and I did not have cake or pizza. I also did not look at the menu to see what "grown-up" food they had. I just went in knowing this was not what I wanted to spend my calories on! :)
  • widmar
    widmar Posts: 72
    Options
    This may be a dumb question but, because I'm relatively new here I'll ask it. What does NSV stand for?

I am sooooo glad you asked. I am new here and was wondering also. Just to chicken to ask. LOL. But don't have one yet. Still struggling to even get started on regular schedule instead of a hit and miss.
  • sgk0411
    sgk0411 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i can use the regular towels and they actually cover me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!