HCG

hungry25monster
hungry25monster Posts: 5
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Dear All,

I am very curious on this HCG diet and from what I have read it says to help you lose a pound a day and requires an individual to only consume 500 cals a day too but without feeling tired or hungry. Have anybody tried this HCG diet before? If so, did it work? Any side effects? I need feed backs or any kind of thoughts regarding this diet. Thank you! :)

Replies

• sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    I am currently on the HCG diet. I'm doing the liquid drops, not the shots. You are required to meet only 500 calories a day but you are always full and it's hard, but you need to make sure you do or else you won't feel good. Negative side effects depend upon your body, some people experience symptoms of dropping weight too drastically such as thinning hair or leg cramps. The diet is very controversial on this site and everywhere, and I do understand why, however in 16 days I have lost 12lbs and I'm happy. If you have any specific questions, feel free to message me and/or add me. I would be happy to help and tell you my experience on the diet so far.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    I have tried it and while it is true you can lose weight fast but you have to follow a very restictive diet. The hardest part is the stabilizing period when you come off of it because after eating only 500 calories it is hard not to want to eat again. Each time I tried it, I gained weight back. I find that for me eating and exercising is better. However if you need to drop some weight fast and can follow it to the letter it will work. I also didn't see any difference between the pharmaceutical grade that I got at a dr's office from the homeopathic I picked up at the health food store except in price. Also, if it is working for you, you will not be hungry.
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    HCG is a fad diet like everything else.

Do you plan to only ever eat 500 calories a day for the rest of your life.

You are without any doubt starving your body.

Lose the weight and feel amazing, however don't ever think about eating 'normally' or healthfuly again, because you will gain weight back, why? Becuse after starving your body, once you start to reintroduce food and meals again, your body will hold onto whatever is ingested to re-nourish your malnourished, starved, unhealthy body.

Sideffects could include dramatic weight loss and hair loss to name a few - you might have some extra weight you want to get rid of but do you really want to lose it at the risk of your own health?

yo-yo dieting causes more stress on your body, organs especially your heart increasing your risk of heart problems as well as countless other illness, disease and degeneration of your body's organs than simply being and staying overweight. This yo-yo effect is too stressful on your body.

I know that you didnt gain weight overnight, so why do you think you can reverse it so quickly. You need to work hard at losing weight, if it was easy and there was a magical cure, sites like this wouldn't exist as noone would have weight problems.

I'm 60 days away from being a Certified Nutritionist, if you have any questions and are looking for some healthy wholesome tips dietary and lifestyle to help you reach your goals - send me a message.
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81 Member
    Yes mamm.... as a RN with a secondary field of study in nutrition I'd say it's NOT something I'd do. Starvation is NOT healthy! NOR does it work.... Linda/RN
  • MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    By the time someone completes the stages of the HCG diet, they could loose the same amount of weight using portion control and exercise.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
This discussion has been closed.