What to have with dinner

hey guys I am having a BBQ tonight. I have my slow and fast carbs but not a protein. My slow is the hamburger, my fast is corn, but idk what to have for my protein. No shrimp or fish suggestions cuz I don't eat them. Would the bun of the hamburger be the slow carb and the burger itself be the protein? Or should I incorporate another protein.

Replies

• BeachLife76
    BeachLife76 Posts: 78 Member
    Corn is considered an empty grain that is high in sugar and starch. Why not try some brown rice with asparagus or some other veggie? Just a suggestion :)
  • RichGebs
    RichGebs Posts: 345
    Corn is considered an empty grain that is high in sugar and starch. Why not try some brown rice with asparagus or some other veggie? Just a suggestion :)

Because that's what I'm having for dinner. It would look kinda dumb if I had something different than my family at a family dinner
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member

Because that's what I'm having for dinner. It would look kinda dumb if I had something different than my family at a family dinner

really? then why are you asking this question if your food choices are limited and you're not going to make anything else other than what your family is having...

what else is your family making that you have the option of eating?
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    How about chicken kebabs? You can alternate zucchini, onion chunks and mushrooms with the chicken to give yourself some more veggies.
  • RichGebs
    RichGebs Posts: 345
    How about chicken kebabs? You can alternate zucchini, onion chunks and mushrooms with the chicken to give yourself some more veggies.

Thanks you! Someone understands and I will just tell my mom to make it. I am going to have zucchini and carrots with it :)