I need a diet thats going to make happy.

Options
Im the type of person who dont like to over eat but who also dont like to be hungry either. My weakness is burgers, I dont need them all the time but I have to eat 1 at least once a week. I want to find a diet where I can eat, lose weaight and be happy.

Replies

• auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Rather than being uberstrict with the target MFP set for me I did the math to find out the calories needed to maintain my goal weight and my current weight and I gave myself a range with 1200 as my rock bottom, lose 1 lb/wk as my target* and maintain my goal weight as the top of my range. As long as I keep within in this range I'll lose. I tend to naturally zig zag my calories 3-4 at very close to my target and then a higher calorie day closer to the top of my range. This seems to work for me.

I've been working very hard to:
    1) not feel deprived
    2) break that food-guilt link, after all we all need to eat and
    If I'm careful about eating enough nutrient dense foods I get to enjoy some just for fun calories. (aka junk food) and you know what? I DO NOT HAVE TO FEEL GUILTY about this.

My mission is to make food is my friend not the enemy. It is here to nourish and nurture us.
    I started by making a list of foods I like (even "bad" foods) then went back and circle all the healthiest options on the list and made them my "go to" foods. This helped make eating healthy food a pleasure not a chore. And the "bad foods" on my list are not eliminated, but are not everyday foods. They are saved for special treats.

*as I got closer to my goal I switch my target to my lose 1/2 lb/wk to help phase myself back into eating a healthy maintain diet