Having a tag sale today...

Options
I have been wanting to have a tag sale for years now, and have been putting it off. Well, let me tell you how I could fill an empty house and dress a family!
But, I went through my closet yesterday and pulled out some very large clothes! I'm getting rid of a LOT! I actually held up a pair of pants while a woman was here and I said to my husband, good Lord! these things are huge, maybe I should keep them (she said, just in case? thinking they were prego pants I think) and I said NO, to remember how BIG I was, she said "you lost all that weight?" Good for you! They were 16's and I held them up to me and there was like 10 inches off the side of them.
And getting rid of my boys clothes are so sad! baby clothes, and like Tami said, things that my little guy was just wearing at the end of the school year, he can't fit in anymore. Too sad!
Well, if anyone is in the area! Come on by! Lots to sell!
I've got a long day ahead of me and praying it doesn't rain b/c I have soooo much stuff outside!
Wish me luck., Money for Disney!

Replies

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to have a tag sale for years now, and have been putting it off. Well, let me tell you how I could fill an empty house and dress a family!
    But, I went through my closet yesterday and pulled out some very large clothes! I'm getting rid of a LOT! I actually held up a pair of pants while a woman was here and I said to my husband, good Lord! these things are huge, maybe I should keep them (she said, just in case? thinking they were prego pants I think) and I said NO, to remember how BIG I was, she said "you lost all that weight?" Good for you! They were 16's and I held them up to me and there was like 10 inches off the side of them.
    And getting rid of my boys clothes are so sad! baby clothes, and like Tami said, things that my little guy was just wearing at the end of the school year, he can't fit in anymore. Too sad!
    Well, if anyone is in the area! Come on by! Lots to sell!
    I've got a long day ahead of me and praying it doesn't rain b/c I have soooo much stuff outside!
    Wish me luck., Money for Disney!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to post before & after pics! Good luck with the sale!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to post before & after pics! Good luck with the sale!

And tell people how you got here, we need more success stories like yours.

Congratulations.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yeah...way to go! I'd try to send some sunshine but we've just gots lotsa gray...

Two things to check out when your done collection those Disney bucks and just don't know what to do with the rest:

Google freecycle , they have city/county orgs that lets you post what you want to get rid of, folks who want stuff come and pick it up. Recycling at its best!

http://zwaggle.com/ Helps us give away our Children's clutter

Ezzie
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. Hope your sale is a huge success. :flowerforyou:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Google freecycle , they have city/county orgs that lets you post what you want to get rid of, folks who want stuff come and pick it up. Recycling at its best!

I actually freecycle quite a lot, and decided to stop so I can get some money for all this stuff I have! But when the tag sale is over, I'll take some to Goodwill (so I can write some off!) and the rest is "Tag sale leftovers" on Freecycle!