Ice Cream

Options
I am a ice cream junkie!!! My husband and I have joined MFP, and would like to have a few suggestions for ice cream??

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Try switching to frozen yogurt.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate flav frozen yogurt. And like wylers raspberry pops. Most of the pops are only a few calories if you buy the right ones.
  • allystone
    allystone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I get skinny cow! love it.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    skinny cow - 150 cals / pack ..really good.
    The problem is that you can not stop at one :)
  • cconeill
    cconeill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero only 150 calories per pint you can find at an organic food store or order offline kind of expensive but soo good and good for you
  • Freedom2010
    Freedom2010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello. I also love ice cream. I often take whole frozen strawberries (the kind with no sugar) and defrost them slightly in the microwave. Add a little artificial sweetener and a dash of fat free or 1% milk over the top and you have a great substitute.
  • jhoffman27
    jhoffman27 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I get these Klondike bars they're called Thin-A-Bear I think and they're so good only 100 calories per bar.
  • tashajayne2011
    Options
    If I wanted ice cream right now I would go for a bit of cherry garcia frozen yoghurt.... or (I just read this on someones status) I would grab a bag of frozen summer berries and some milk with a little bit of honey and blitz it in a blender.
  • pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    Weight Watchers has snack sized ice cream bars with just 80 calories! And Skinny Cow has 100 cal bars. Both are really good too :) Good luck!
  • jfuller73
    jfuller73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    While I was grocery shopping yesterday I found these Lil' Drummers that I picked up for my daughter. Each cone has 120 calories. The flavors in the box I got were chocolate chip cookie dough & chocolate brownie. They didn't have any other flavors at our grocery store but it's fairly small and doesn't have an over abundance of options. There is also Skinny Cow and Healthy Choice ice cream.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    skinny cow and arctic zero for me too. but a good protein shake before bed can kill the craving alot
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If you have a magic bullet or some other kind of food processor you can make your own. I use non fat greek yogurt and frozen fruit. Sometimes you need to add a bit of liquid (juice or skim milk) to get the consistancy right but just wiz it up and it has the texture of soft serve. Has a lot less sugar than real ice cream and no fat. Plus you're getting real fruit.
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I love Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (it is hard to eat just one). Also someone posted a recipe sometime ago that I sometimes make. Search under "fake ice cream". I like this recipe as a sub for ice cream sometimes. I have tried with banana/strawberries and mango/strawberries. Good Luck
  • jantsmith
    jantsmith Posts: 1
    Options
    Try the skinny cow products. The chocolate truffle fudge pops are only 100 calories and very good!
  • mack82
    mack82 Posts: 1
    Options
    try making your own ice cream that way you control whats in it
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    you can put frozen fruit in a blender. add some nonfat milk and blend!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Hello. I also love ice cream. I often take whole frozen strawberries (the kind with no sugar) and defrost them slightly in the microwave. Add a little artificial sweetener and a dash of fat free or 1% milk over the top and you have a great substitute.

oooh, like this idea, will have to try it!! thanks :)
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers dark chocolate raspberry bars are awesome good
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm an ice cream junkie too, and I mean a bowl of ice cream, not a bar or a sandwich.

A little trick I learned a while back in South Beach Phase 1 is slightly thawing a fudge bar (like Weight Watchers) and adding a teaspoon of peanut butter to it, then blending it with a hand mixer. It ends up like soft serve ice cream and the peanut butter helps provide the "mouth feel' that I love about ice cream.

Lately I've been really going crazy...laugh...two Weight Watchers Giant Latte bars (90 cals each) and a couple of teaspoons of almond butter. Blend with the mixer and voila! Soft serve coffee ice cream (at least a cup's worth) for a tad over 200 calories! And not just a teensy cup full either!!!!

I could probably find ready made ice cream for around the same, but the end result would be me eating the whole container in one sitting. At least with these bars, I have to do some preparation, which seems to keep me from eating more than one portion.
  • swimtaxi
    swimtaxi Posts: 20
    Options
    I like Healthy Choice fudge bars...100 calories...yum