before/"during" aka 30+ lbs. lost

Options
kensky
kensky Posts: 472 Member
This was the picture that first got me thinking, hmmm. Taken August 2010 at around 166 lbs:

5651378071_fe317673c4.jpg
before by racecar_gibson, on Flickr

I started a gym membership in December 2010 and mostly did the eliptical machine and sporadic weights. I got serious about weight training in late February.

Flexing new-formed muscles (and a big change in the jawline, I think) in May 2010 at 135:

5645137238_f1fb974667.jpg
Buffitude by racecar_gibson, on Flickr

I have been stuck around the 135(ish) mark for a good month or so which is mentally taxing. I was needing to remember that I have made some more-than-decent progress to keep my chin up, motivation strong, etc.

Replies

• michellehorvath
    michellehorvath Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Your transformation is absolutely something I am trying towork for now! Thanks for the thinspiration from another shorty!! Great job!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Very nice!!!! I agree, you can really see the difference in your face, but the guns are magnificent!!!! Keep it up!
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person! You must be close to your goal weight. It comes off a lot slower then. The last 10 pounds are always the hardest!
  • Kathycoco
    Kathycoco Posts: 10
    Options
    You look awesome and healthy and I bet you feel great too. Gratz on your accomplishment.
  • meshellw
    meshellw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! always inspiring when people post pictures thanks for sharing!!
  • kensky
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the congrats! I am trying to be patient-yet-not-complacent to this weight loss stall. I have some plans to shake up cardio and amp up weight training while keeping my diet clean yet sustainable. A tall order, but at least I am on the path. :)
  • chris_elizabeth
    chris_elizabeth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!! Such motivation! You have truly done an amazing job! Thank you for sharing with us!! :)
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    You look incredible! Yes there is a big change in your face and I love those muscles! Fantastic :flowerforyou:
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Such a difference! Way to go!!
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Holy moly you are looking smokin'!!! You have been, and continue to be, a total inspiration to me!
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    Very inspirational! Thanks for posting. You look amazing!
  • snowyangel61
    snowyangel61 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    you are doing awesome, keep it up whatever your doing is working for you. DO you eat after 6:00pm, what kinda food do you not eat now that you are on MFP? I have been obese since child and had gastric bypass in 1987 and now back up into the 200's.
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you did great, I know how you feel about plateaus
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Good job.. and good luck with the rest of your journey!! :happy:
  • kensky
    Options
    Snowyangel, I do indeed eat past 6. I can't imagine how hungry I'd wake up if I didn't! I usually have my supremo yogurt/nut butter/choc.chip "parfait" around 9 or so. How my calories have been shaping up determines how many chocolate chips I put in my mix. :smile: My diary is public so feel free to nose around. I am a notorious food-rut person and now the big difference is the type/quality of food I eat day after day. Tilapia, spinach and egg whites (along with spicy mayo and guacamole to mix it up a bit) have replaced Taco Bell, Chunky bars and Dr. Pepper!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    really great work! Thanks for posting these and way to go!!!

the last pounds are always the hardest, just keep doing what your are doing and you'll get there!
  • kensky
    Options
    Thanks Cass! My attitude to this latest period of slow-moving-scale has been completely different than my first plateau. I am noticing improvements in so many other areas (increasingly baggy jeans help!) that I've been much more mellow. If it takes me another 6 months to drop 5 lbs. then I am fine with that. I'll be lifting heavy and eating well while it happens! :heart:
  • kensky
    Options
    This may be the closest I get to an "after". This is me, one year after seeing my "wake-up call" school pic. I was squinting into the sun and looking a little crazy...but much thinner, I think.

3286828_5803.jpg
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your loss Kensky
  • kensky
    Options
    Thanks AZackery! I owe it all to heavy weightlifting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!