Polar HRM Reading issues...HELP!

Options
POLAR HRM users...HELP ME! Has anyone ever had this happen to them?:

Friday, my watch worked fine..Yesterday, it kept dropping my heart rate every 5 minutes or so..It would Zero out and stay that way for like 5 seconds...my calorie burn was a lot lower yesterday than the days before..So, I washed my HRM and let it dry..I used it today, and my HR didnt zero out, but my burn was like 100 - 150 calories lower than two days ago..My watch also showed recovery really fast..For example..If my heart rate was at 160-170 during a cardio interval..Then I slow down to do a weight training interval..My watch would read like 99-109 at the end of the weight training interval..which I'm sure can't be right..I have never recovered that quickly..

I havent changed any settings on my watch in the last few days...so I cannot wrap my hands around this...Any suggestions you have are welcome!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,075 Member
    Options
    How long have you been using it? Either the transmitter or the watch itself MAY need servicing. They do give out. Mine worked really well for almost three years before it needed a battery in the watch, but the transmitter got a little wonky every now and then.

It could also be that the sensors are not making good constant contact with your skin, or are not moist. If fabric gets in the way that can happen sometimes....but shouldn't continue.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Make sure all your settings are correct too - the more fit you become, the less caloires you will burn. The more weight you lose, the less calories you burn, too...but you probably knew that.

Yes, I know it's not fair :tongue:
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i find that i have to tighten my strap every so often, especially after washing. may not be the answer in your case, but it's easy and free to try! good luck :)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Yes you do need to replace the battery
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    How long have you been using it? Either the transmitter or the watch itself MAY need servicing. They do give out. Mine worked really well for almost three years before it needed a battery in the watch, but the transmitter got a little wonky every now and then.

It could also be that the sensors are not making good constant contact with your skin, or are not moist. If fabric gets in the way that can happen sometimes....but shouldn't continue.

I bought it in MARCH! That's what concerns me the most..I was thinking it's may be the transmitter too..Since washing the sensors didnt help much and the watch display is fine...
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Make sure all your settings are correct too - the more fit you become, the less caloires you will burn. The more weight you lose, the less calories you burn, too...but you probably knew that.

LOL..of course..but it concerns me because it happened over a span of THREE DAYS! Weirded me out a little bit...
  • cmriverside
    Options

LOL..of course..but it concerns me because it happened over a span of THREE DAYS! Weirded me out a little bit...

Yeah, I've had that happen, and if you try the suggestions given so far, you'll probably be able to fix it. If it is that new, you're probably just not getting a good skin-to-sensor contact. Make sure it fits snugly, and moisten the contacts before using, and no fabric between your skin and the sensors.