1200 cals a day & exercising but not losing : (

Options
2»

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Ummm, you've lost 5 lbs in 10 weeks. Which is 1/2 lb per week. Which for someone of your weight is about ideal.

I dont think you've much to worry about - keep on doing what you're doing, but recognise that it's a long journey, no quick fixes.
  • mbeckfl
    mbeckfl Posts: 2
    Options
    Something else to consider may be whether you're dieting the correct way for your metabolism / body type - my wife and I recently went on the same low carb diet, eating and exercising virtually identically, I lost 10lbs in 2 weeks, she barely a pound and became very drained and felt bad. After more research, it turns out this diet may have been hurting her more than helping, because of all the protein / fat (cheese and such).
    Read this http://dietsrating.com/which-is-better-low-carb-or-low-fat.php and see which statements describe you. Yes, all diets are basically lots of vegetables, no fried foods and sweets, but what you add to the base (carbs or proteins) makes a big difference to your body and how fast you lose weight and how you will feel.

Mike